Thursday, 6 April 2017

Hello Friends

Hi my blog friends

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to your messages on my last blog as it has been quite a tough time with anniversaries, Thank you for all your lovely comments and for sticking with me and my family throughout the awful past year.

I'm glad you all liked the idea of the bears. Claire & another baby loss mummy, Hayley organised a fund raising event for Aching Arms and it took place on the 1st April. We were all busy baking, I have never seen so much cake, ever! Claire & Hayley did a fantastic job of decorating the church hall. There was a table put out for all mum's & dad's who had also lost their beautiful babies and they brought photo's. There were 10 pictures on the table at one time of mum's & dad's that came to show their babies and also their support. It was a very emotional day but what a fantastic cause. The event started at 2.30pm and ended at 4.30pm. We just asked for people to make a donation and please help yourself to as much cake & tea as you want. The picture shows a very full table, but I topped the table up many times with donated cakes. Claire & Hayley should be so proud of themselves as they raised a fantastic £1195-00 in 2 hours and money is still coming in.


This was just a small amount of cake


These are just a few pictures of our angel babies.


The party was themed as a mad hatters tea party, and some people actually came wearing hats.


Just a few Aching Arms teddies that were wearing labels that had been donated to other families from another Angel Baby.

All I can say to Claire & Hayley is we are all so proud of you and all your hard word certainly paid off for a very worthy charity.

What a lovely day Paul & I had meeting Hazel ( Baskets of joy ) and her lovely husband Charlie. We did not stop talking, so much so the shop was emptying their tills ready to cash up for the day. So we felt rather than be asked to leave we would leave gracefully, we then went on the river bank next to the car park and fed the ducks and a couple of swans and chatted some more. Just not long enough.

Hazel gave me two beautiful presents when I arrived. 1st was a beautiful decorated box with fudge inside. It really is stunning Patricia and I will treasure it, Thank You very much. I have to say I didn't find the fudge until I got home as it was so beautifully packaged.X









2nd was another beautiful box. I untied the ribbon and as I opened the lid I could see Hazel smiling, I lifted the tissue paper and said "Oh it's my Summer", who passed 8th June last year. Hazel and her daughter had gone onto my blog to find a picture of Summer and Gillian Hazel's daughter made this beautiful little ornament of my much missed little pusscat. Gillian even got the little dairylea triangle ( as I called it ) colouring under her chin. I absolutely love it, Thank You so much Gillian. She is sat right in front of me in my workroom where I just stare at her constantly.X







Isn't this just beautiful! A real little character, just like my Summer.

Hazel has invited me to go to one of their get together later in the year. So that's something for me to look forward to, and Maureen you're right Hazel is a lovely lady and the time with her was just too short.

Finally, I saw my surgeon on Monday 3rd and she went through my 3 options but I was basically left with the 3rd option which is a full hysterectomy. The other two options didn't have guarantee's that things would not progress. She said although I had 2 negative biopsy's, meaning no cancer having a coil in affects the result and doesn't give to true reading. So basically it was coil out, no guarantee the pre C cells wouldn't grow back and possibly change. Or coil stays in and could possibly bleed for the 5 yrs it is in place, and every six months having to go back in for hysteroscopy's  but not under general anesthetics as being put under so many times in 5 years is not good. So I will be going in in the next 4 to 8 weeks. I know they have to tell you of all the things that could go wrong, I am now petrified. The only light hearted one was, as I was telling Hazel today is with having keyhole surgery the bed is tipped backwards so you are slightly head down and all I could think of is OMG I hope my gown doesn't roll up and show everything off and I hope they do me before they have their lunch.

I'm sorry that this blog has read a bit like war & peace, it's either all or nothing at the moment. I do have a card in mind to make and the back ground is wallpaper samples. My sister went to B&Q and Homebase and  took a fair size sample and said what can you do with this. So thinking cap on.

I hope you like what you see & read, and I'll try not to make it so long next time. Thank you so much for your endless patience.

Lots of Love & Hugs

Tina XX

11 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, oh what a fantastic display you had all created at the event, such a worth while cause and to make so much money, you should all be so proud of yourselves, helping others is a wonderful achievement.

    Try not to worry about the op, yes I know it is easy for me to say, but you will be so much better off once it is done, I will be holding your hand from a distance.

    Stunning gifts too, beautiful

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tina,
    Well, don't faint I'm at the eyelashes this time! I checked my emails earlier than usual today and saw your name there .
    What a lot of lovely photos !! Wow, these two young ladies raised an awful lot of money in a very short time, didn't they! A lot of hard work went into that afternoon and lots of thought into the preparation beforehand! Lots of hard labours of love I think went into those yummy cakes too. I'm sure it's not just about the money though . They provided a lovely ,welcoming ,comforting environment for others to come and share the stories and pictures of their angel babies. You must all have been exhausted but such a worthwhile thing to do. Well done Claire - you have touched so many people in the last 12 months! I still think of you and Toby . Xx
    Well, you have met Hazel! She is lovely and such a helpful kind person! The sort of person you know would do anything she possibly could to help . I love the model of Summer - isn't that just so cute! It will bring a smile to your face when you look at it. A very thoughtful gift!
    Patricia is so kind and lovely too and I have had one of those boxes of tablet!! I'd have been happy with just the lovely box! The tablet is gorgeous - just one piece and you are hooked - ask Maureen!!!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed meeting Hazel and it would be lovely to meet you.
    First of all you have to get yourself well again! Well I don't mean DIY - we just want you to feel back to normal! I hope you don't have to wait too long.
    It's been quiet here for nearly two weeks as I lost my voice! I've been told that I could never have taken a Vow of Silence as it would have killed me! Charming isn't it!
    Well I'd better go as I've been going on for a while! It's so nice to have you back again! Don't ever worry about answering - that doesn't matter.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone in about two weeks time! Do you think they are praying the voice will still be gone! Lol!
    On that note!
    Lots of love and look after yourself!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Tina. Thank you for the great afternoon meeting up with You and Paul. We both enjoyed it too and yes it wasn't long enough. When we got back Charlie did say " we could have gone somewhere else and had a meal". Of course that didn't enter our minds at the time. Daughter Gillian is so pleased you like your little model cat. She so enjoys making these to raise funds for the cat shelter. Have you tried a piece of Patricia's Scottish tablet? It's very moorish as my Yorkshire friend would say.
    I am still amazed at the amount Claire and Hayley raised in their 2 hours, it makes all the hard work worth it! Those cakes look yummy.
    Off now to pack things up so it's all ready to get packed back in the car ready for our homeward journey, at least it's just a three and a half one tomorrow then five and a half on Saturday.
    Thank you again.
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tina,
    Clare and Hayley have done an amazing job in raising so much money and should feel very proud that they have motivated such a lot of people to donate and buy. It's very easy to sit back and do nothing and Evie will be looking down and be proud of her mam for doing this, as will Hayley's baby.
    The Hall is decorated beautifully and anyone can see that a lot of time and effort has been given to the whole thing.
    Now as regards your hysterectomy. I have never had one, but my niece who was in her 30's at the time had a keyhole job and never looked back. She said that it was the best thing she'd ever had done after years of misery. That was nearly 20 year's ago and procedures will have improved so much since then. My mother had the same operation when she was 70 (in the 1970's) and sailed through it. Please don't be frightened (I know, I know, I've never had it so it's easy for me to say) but I honestly believe that it will be such a relief to you to finally be done with all your problems.
    Talking of problems, I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with Hazel ha ha. She's lovely and Gillian's model of Summer is brilliant. I'd like to give you one word of warning though, if you have a sweet tooth like me, don't touch the Tablet. One bite and that's it, it's fatal, I have to go on and on until it's finished. I've convinced Mr K that he won't like it but he still managed to snaffle a piece, oh dear!!! Patricia's boxes and flowers are special as well, can these women do no wrong? Was Hazel wearing one of her beautiful necklaces that they make to raise funds for the Cancer Room where patients and relatives go when undertaking their treatment? Whenever I wear one of mine I get loads of compliments from all ages.
    I'm rambling so I'll go but if we manage to meet, that would be lovely.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that I'm considering buying a Habit and a Wimple for Myra. A Vow of Silence? you have to be kidding, that will never happen ha ha.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Good afternoon Tina,
    WOW!! that's is some amount of delicious looking goodies. Claire and Hayley did exceedingly well raising all that money in such a short space of time for a wonderful cause. The decorations in the hall look amazing as well.
    Tina, first and No.1 priority is to get yourself fit and well. Hazel, did so well after her Hysterectomy, unfortunately she knew she had lots of Cancer Treatments to go through as well. Positive thinking and sheer determination, she battled through it. You saw her yesterday, she looks brilliant, I am lucky I still have my sister. You will feel so much better once everything is done and dusted, no nibbling fears in the background either.
    Your little Summer looks brilliant, Hazel did tell me she had asked Gillian to make one for you but I had not seen it. It does look like her, it's so sweet.
    Glad you like your box and contents, I enjoyed making them both, the contents are a favourite of Maureen's as well. I have just thought, I really should make some for our Meet Up in a couple of weeks. Some of it might just help Myra's throat, we need her to be able to chat. It would be far too quite without her chatting. She is one person who could not cope with taking the "vow of silence" mind you when we are together we are all as bad as each another.
    It would be just wonderful if you were in the direction of our October Meet Up and could join us for a day/evening even the whole time.
    Have a good day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, It is lovely to hear from you again - my goodness you have all been busy.You have all done a great job and been really well spoiled with the gifts - that is what makes the work worth-while when it is appreciated so much. Please take care and look after yourself-don't over do it.Lots of love from Mary-Durham XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina, so lovely to hear from you again, and to see all the wonderful photos. Claire and Hayley did and amazing job in raising so much money for such a worthwhile cause. The photos of you gifts are beautiful and something to treasure. Summer looks amazing and it is so nice for you to have such a beautiful reminder of her.
    Tina do try not to worry about having a Hysterectomy, I have had one when I was 40 and can safety say it was the best thing and not to have the niggling worries is great.
    Take care Tina and Hugs to you all
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina.

    Hope ur doing ok. My oh my that's a loada cake n deliciousness I'm getting hungry looking at it. That's a fantastic amount of money. My hat goes off to them a brilliant job well done.

    Love ur kitty cat from hazel it's sooooo cute.
    Glad u met up with her she sounds lovely. I might try catch her and Patricia at some point.

    Keep calm and keep crafting lovely lady!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been way too long hearing from you! Are you and your family doing okay? My prayers continue for all of you and I am so concerned not having heard from you since April. I looked for an email address to send this message to you, but did not find one. I hope you see this message here. Please know that I and many others miss you and would like to hear from you. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      It's been quite a stressful time lately, but we are all OK!. Claire has started back to work full time but not in a teaching position she is more of a classroom assistant and she feels down graded and not involved with any lesson preparations.We are still in the process of moving my sister into our home but are being held up by the plumbers.

      I have planned so many times to make a card and then something else has popped up that needs attention. I have nothing to do tomorrow and fully intend to get to my craftroom, whether my MOJO returns is another matter.

      I can't tell you how much it means that you still pray for us all. You're a good friend. Thank you.X

      My email address is dfc2210@hotmail.co.uk

      I will do a blog soon.

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete