Thursday 5 November 2015

Tutorial of The Classic Rose

 Hi everyone

As promised here is a tutorial of Sue Wilson's Classic rose. Don't take this literally this just my interpretation. Hope you enjoy!

These are the items you need to make the rose






After cutting out 3 lots, fold or score across the petals, just so that you find the middle of the flower to cut out each portion equally.





The first flower you cut to the centre of the flower, the second flower you cut 1 petal out and from the 3rd you cut 2 petals.


I usually colour them before I cut them, but doing it this way will show you it Really doesn't matter, as you don't see the darker shading when the flower is put together..


Right here goes making the flower. The 6 petals with a cut to the middle,  put some glue on one petal and glue together to make a 5 petal flower,   If you need to keep referring just look at the previous picture. Make the 5 petal into 4 and the 4 petal into 3. so you are left with a 5,4,3 a 2 and a single petal.


I then use the end of my paint brush to roll the petals back, and inwards.





I then roll the single petal to start the middle of the rose


Then roll the double petal

You then place the folded single petal inside the double folded petal, and place aside for a moment.


cut the bottom off  of the 4 petal to allow it to sit in the 5 petal


Move the petals around until they look good to you.


cut the bottom out of the 3 petal



Remember the single and double petals, place them into the 3 petal and cut the bottom off that is hanging out of the 3 petal.



Glue them together and you have your rose. Stil move them around to off set the petals. when you are happy just leave to dry.


I'm sorry, this bit is just me. I like to tweak, Fold back the petals and do a scrunch on my rose. (Totally optional ).



Finally, I hear you say. I added some glue and glittered my rose.

I hope this helps, sorry it's so long.

Big hugs

Tina XX

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant Tina thank you for sharing with us

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina
    Well done on the Tutorial , i can understand it as you explain so well and what a beautiful end product.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina. Another great tutorial. I love the way you start your tutorials with a picture of all the products you need to make the flowers and then a picture with a little explanation on each step of the tutorial, then you get to the end and you have a beautiful flower, gorgeous with the glitter. As you know i was having trouble with my flowers but since you started these tutorials i have learned so much and made some lovely flowers. If you have the time could you do more of your tutorials and Thank You for all your help and inspiration on my card making. Have a great weekend Tina.
    Best Wishes.
    Denise T x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,

    Another brilliant tutorial. Can't put it better than Denise has on why they're so good!

    Hugs,

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tina,
    As Wheely Bad has said, I can't put it better than Denise either!!!! Everything is in order and so easy to understand. Thank you.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, thank you for yet another great tutorial.
    Hugs ~ Angela ~ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial Tina, thank you so much. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina, great tutorial, I try to do them just have you have shown but mine never look as good as yours nowhere near. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina, thank you so much for the tutorial. Your tutorials are so clear and easy to follow. Looking forward to the next one whenever you have the time
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tutorial I will be definitely be trying this I will be happy if mine is half as good as yours. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina,
    Ooops! I'm so late again! I'm loving your tutorials on your beautiful flowers they are so easy to follow and boy do I need easy! Thank you so much lovely lady.

    Love and hugs Sheila xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tina,
    thanks for the tutorial and whilst I seem to do everything like you do, my flowers don't turn out as beautiful as yours EVER. You just have the knack.
    More later tonight.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tina
    Thanks for the tutorial. Wish mine looked as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW TIna Gorgeous Thank you for the Tutorial
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tina. Just to quickly say a big thank you for this particular tutorial using Sue Wilson's Classic Rose dies. I have these dies and I often make Roses with them but now thanks to your fab tutorial I can make them look even better !!! Also, I am always forgetting what to do !!!! Sending you lots of love Tina from Tres x x x

    ReplyDelete