Friday 8 September 2017

Onwards & Upwards

Hi my blog friends

This is just a quickie to let you know I have had my operation. It was booked for the 7th Sept but they rang me on the 17th Aug and said any chance you could come in on Monday 21 Aug. I jumped at the chance, well as much as you could to have an op, I was really scared but thought that's another couple of week to recuperate before our little man arrives and I want to be so fit for his arrival so that I can be there for Claire. Claire & Craig have been wonderful.

I thought I was going in for a partial hysterectomy, but when the anesthetist came to see me he asked just to confirm do you know what you are having done. I told him and he said that's not what is in your records so we need to get your surgeon here to see you. When she arrived she said that in the morning get together to talk over all the ops they had decided to do a full hysterectomy because when all this started I had abnormalities and because in a 20 span I could possibly go on to have cancer they made a decision that morning to take it all away. She asked if I was ok with this. I was a bit shocked and looked at Paul. He said he thought it was the best idea as going under every 6 months is not healthy. I agreed and the surgeon said someone will be along to walk you to surgery. She literally walked away and a minute or so later someone came to walk me down. I had absolutely no time to think about it although apparently I did fight to go to sleep, I did think sod the gas give me a big brandy & babycham and what seemed like minutes, I was being woken up. I should have gone to a surgical ward  for the remainder of my recovery but my op took longer than they thought and in the meantime emergencies came in and took my place in the ward so my bed was attached to a motorised cart and was driven to the other side of the hospital and placed in the daycare ward. I had 2 ob's done one when I got to the ward and one before I left the next day. I remember looking at the clock with the mask on my face and it was 11 O'clock am when I went under, I got back to the ward just gone 4pm and discharged and back home  just gone 3pm the next day less than 24hrsback in the ward after major surgery. on leaving the hospital I wasn't offered a wheelchair after being told for the next couple of days I wasn't to walk, only to the bathroom & back to bed, I then walked through two wards down 2 flights of stairs. By this time I was in tears. A lovely receptionist came over and asked if I was ok and when Paul told her that I had just had major surgery she was fuming, she phoned the ward and demanded that I had a wheelchair. They were so busy Paul left me and went back up on the ward for a chair. He wheeled me out to a bus shelter, took the chair back to the ward then went to get the car to take me home.I seemed to be doing ok but on the Sunday I felt really poorly, Bank holiday Monday I had to go back in. My stitches inside had become infected and I had a UTI too. I've finished my course of antibiotics now, so It has to be onwards & upwards now. I still have bad days and know when I have over done things so I am learning to take notice of my body, but everyday I'm getting there.

Anyway it's all over now and I am on the mend. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Claire & Craig while recuperating.

Claire is blooming but finding it hard to keep her anxieties under control, but has a super network of people to contact if she needs it.

Maureen Thank you so much for my beautiful card, can I have your permission to put it on my blog but most of all the photo of me on the box you sent the card in. X

Also Thank you for your emails asking if we are all ok, you really are very special ladies. X

Will talk soon

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

PS-:  Paul just said, you call that a quickie.

14 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, oh I am so pleased to hear from you, also that it is all over and done with now, as you say onwards and upwards. I will not comment on the disgusting way you were discharged because that is in the past and you need to put that behind you. You have a wonderful grandson who is waiting to say hello to you, so take it easy and do as your told (yes Mum!! I used to say when they said that to me).

    Sending special hugs to you and everyone, it is an anxious time but not long now.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya special lady. Im so sorry you took three steps back after we spoke, so shocked to read that news and upset. Without spreading my personal home affairs on your blog which you already know about and these not only annoy some people as I've gathered from Sue's blog but it's just not necessary, I feel awful life has got in the way and I've not had the time or been awake for long enough to send you a personal card but I hope you know just how much you mean to me as a true friend. I'm really thrilled as I've already said that by the time the baby arrives you will have no worries about having to rush home rather than look after your amazing daughter and miss out on precious cuddles with your new grand-baby. As you say "upwards and onwards" you're being sensible and that's what will get you through the other end ☺ take care of yourself honey and I'm thinking of you as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Tina, so pleased that you have had your operation, but so so sorry to hear the way you were treated.
    You must now rest and let the family look after you, take small steps and you will soon be back to your best self, in time to give your beautiful new Grandson lots and lots of kisses and cuddles. My very best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and to Claire for a safe happy delivery.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I had guessed that you were finally getting the op, so sorry to hear of the trouble you had, I feel awful after telling you what a breeze mine was. Glad you are on the road to recovery now, not long until you meet your new grandson, that's something to look forward to. Much love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina so pleased you are on the mend now. Sorry for all the trouble you had.
    Just get plenty of rest & don't think of doing any housework or lifting.
    So pleased Claire is blooming & all is good for her & Toby.
    Love & Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, So glad to hear your Op. is over and you are starting on the upward hill to recovery. You will soon be sharing the baby walks with Claire and family so take care and don't do too much. Thinking about you Mary- Durham xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina, so glad your op is over, but what a shame about the lack of aftercare. Nothing new there I suppose. Keep well and recover. Hugs Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tina,
    How lovely to see you well enough to post again, but awful to read the saga of the non-existent aftercare which seems to be the norm in these days of cuts. The only upside about being sent home so soon is that there's less chance of getting a major infection like MRSA, although you did suffer from an infection and UTI - not nice.
    I'm glad that Clare is blooming and that she has a support network - vital in a case like this.
    Take care, and I hope you are much, much better.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi tina.

    Great to see u blogging again. As I've already spoken to u recently and got a catch up. I'll call u in the next few days as I'm still resting myself from a uti lol I'll fill u in on the rest
    Won't be long till wee man is here and I'm sure Claire will do fine with her support network around her.

    Speak soon chicky love ya!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Tina,
    As you know you have been in my thoughts and prayers for many months! It's lovely to know you are well enough to blog again!
    You have had a really tough time! Good to hear that Claire is doing so well and that you are well on the way to recovery! I will bring you up to date on the hedgehog look a like very soon! Don't want to upset those of a delicate disposition!!! Lol!
    After a very windy day everything has gone quite calm here tonight! Husband is out but that's got nothing to do with it! It's also bin night so I'm going to deal with those next! Aren't you glad I called in!!! Lol!
    Have you been doing any crafting? Not necessarily card making just anything! I'm sure you are being well looked after! Someone has to keep an eye on you!
    We are being visited three times a day by loads of long tailed tits! I try to count them but they are so fast and furious that it's impossible. Lovely little birds though!
    Take care, my dear!
    Will be in touch soon! ( that's a threat!)
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Tina,
    Great to see your are back on your blog.So sorry to hear about the really tough time you had to go through,or rather they made you go through!unheard of.
    Anyhow we have to go on and look forward ,and you do have a rather exciting new event to look forward to so look after yourself Tina and before you know your lovely daughter will give birth to a healthy baby boy!which you can enjoy.
    I shall give you a call soon Tina,take care and don't do too much,you still need to rest a lot,have a siesta!everyday!
    Love Jane big hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tina, thank you for your update. You and your family continue to be in my prayers. So glad you are on the mend. Please be careful and heal well so you can pick your grandbaby up! The health system you have in the UK astonishes me. I shake my head in disbelief of what you had to go through, including having to walk out of the hospital after major surgery. What were they thinking?!!!!! Please continue to let us followers know how things are going. I have missed hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI TINA Glad to hear you are on the mend I did not receive this
    blog message for whatever reason but looked to see if you had
    done any blogs. I too have just had major back surgery so taking
    things day by day. I Would love to send a card when little man arrives
    but how do I do this. Love to you all Mavis L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mavis

      Sorry to hear you have had major surgery on your back, I hope you rest up well and in the long term you become pain free.

      I'm fighting a second infection and I'm on antibiotics yet again, never mind it will get sorted.

      Regarding sending our little man a card. If you email me at dfc2210@hotmail.co.uk I will give you my address. Thank you Mavis that's very thoughtful of you.

      Look after yourself and wish you a speedy recovery.

      Love & gentle hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete