Saturday 4 May 2019

I didn't realise I was away so long

Hi My Friends

I really hadn't realised I have been missing for so long. 

Well a lot of things have been going on here, like moving my workroom upstairs into Craig's bedroom. My word am I a hoarder, I thought I was quite ruthless regarding keeping things but there are so many craft things I will never use but are too good to throw away, so they are back in the box for storing.

We are only half way through moving me and still have another workbench with shelving overhead to do. One side of the room is done and I am able to work/play. I just can't stand the  mess it seems to have a knock on effect of the whole house.

I have also been trying to get a new house name sign made as our neighbour at the bottom of our drive had a skip being delivered and another one to be left for their building work and the driver decided to use our driveway to turn around in the lane. He came up our drive to straighten his lorry, in doing this he churned the driveway up and the grass on either side and ran over our house name sign that was made for us 20yrs ago when we first moved into Drakes Field. I had pulled the blinds back and watched him. When he saw me he did several shunts in the lane only to drive over the bottom of  our garden moving a boulder that was in our garden into the lane. I made a note of the skip firm and called them. They couldn't have been kinder. The boss actually came around and moved the boulder back into place and said that everything will be put to rights when we are ready. So I have been looking for a house sign to replace our old one, but it won't have the same sentimental value, but the skip company have been brilliant ( so far ), he hasn't received the bill for the driveway yet or the sign.

Also I have been trying to make Save The Date cards for our 40th Wedding anniversary party in July, but most importantly spending time with Claire and Phoenix, that is the fun bit of my busiest times!!

When my workroom is finished I will put some pictures on the blog, as I'm still battling with Craig's rubbish too. 

The last photo is of the little dog Craig wanted to rescue, so we went over to a family that is involved with the Phoenix animal rescue abroad. they go over to rescue animals that are in such an appalling state and near to death. They then bring them back to Britain, then into quarantine, then re homed into an adoptive family, then to wait for people like us to take these gorgeous little animals to become a member of our families. Craig has named him Bentley, he is a Corgi Dachshund cross. He's very timid, but loves Craig to pieces and that is all Craig wanted from his a dog to help him through his health issues and he couldn't have got a better little friend. They are inseparable, he looks for Craig every move he makes, but I guess Bentley is in as much need of reassurance as Craig is. How people can treat these beautiful little animals in such an appalling way really need to get a taste of their own medicine, words fail me or as a lady I choose not to share them on my here.

Anyway sooo sorry it has been so long since my last blog, and hopefully will I be back very soon with pics of my finished workroom.



 

Very quick and simple cards, but very pretty when finished. I can't show the best of the invitations picture as my computer and my camera decided to part friends. I really need Craig over to help me out!!  but I just wanted to let you know I'm still here.




Little Bentley





10 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, lovely to hear from you, I know what it is like, the days seem to fly past, but it is well worth the wait. You have been so busy, would love to see pictures of your craft room when it is done. I am doing the same thing, although I already have a craft room, the previous units I had were all broken etc. so everything has come out of the room, (it is everywhere), new racking purchased and installed now I just have to go through everything......well suffice to say I can't find what I want at the moment....but I will get there. So much stuff, my hubby says I could open not one but two shops with everything I have....and he is right.

    IN amongst all of this my PC broke so I had to have a new hard drive, got it all back but it is taking me ages to restore all my files etc. I am doing it as I go along, goodness knows how long it will take.

    Bentley is a little cuttie, look at those eyes, no wonder he looks so happy, I agree it is terrible what goes on in this world.

    The card looks great, elegant is the word that springs to mind.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      It's always lovely to hear from you June, and being my first message every time.

      We had a day off yesterday as a big family get together was on the cards. We thought we would have a more lazy day today but paul is cracking the whip to get the other side of my workroom finished. I must admit I'm bored now of humping wood up for work surfaces and shelves I'm absolutely cream crackered. I've also come across things I think what was I thinking about buying that, luckily I have become more selective, (about time says Paul). Have you got one like that June? How funny you are doing the same thing, I'd love to see your room too when you're finished.

      I think I could just about manage my room change but a computer malfunction is a step too far, I hope you get everything sorted soon.

      Thank you June glad you likes the invitation cards, and Bentley is a gorgeous little bundle of leave it out I'll chew it boy. so training classes on the agenda.

      Sending lots of love & Hugs June

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina Lovely to hear from you beautiful card. I have not been making cards a lot of
    years but have a craft which is taking over. You see something you like and have to buy I could do
    with a charitat y that could use the cards as I have hundreds. It gets more addictive as time goes on.
    My daughter is great doing so well as the rest of my family are. Have really missed you. Mavis L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mavis

      I'm so pleased to hear that Tracey is doing so well, you must be so relieved and it's good to hear the family are well too, How are you though?

      It's very difficult to say no to buying craft items as the presenters are very good at selling the items, then when you get them you think how the hell do I use this again!! Well I know I do.

      I'll be in touch soon Mavis. I just need a little time to get straight here. Thinking of you though. Take care my friend, talk soon.X

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina lovely to see your cards and hear about your craft room sounds great ( need to sort out some of my craft stuff ) i keep saying i will stop buying new but such lovely things now wish they had been about a few years back when more able to do things.
    A beautiful little dog Craig has great company for him.
    look forward to hearing from you soon love to you all .hugs jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      I didn't realise I had so much rubbish that I'll never use again. When I first started crafting I watched C&C every minute of the day and thought I want to have a go at all of it. But I have to say that I always come back to Sue Wilson's dies, not all of them but there are always a couple I like in each release, and I agree about having these things years ago. All I can say is thank goodness for the electric machines.

      Bentley is a real God send for Craig as Craig has had a very difficult year but is so much better now and Bentley is just a little treasure.

      I'll be back soon Jeanie

      Sending love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. So nice to read your blog Tina. I must say I haven't blogged for a while ..time just seems to fly by. Bentley is gorgeous I am sure him and Craig will form an inseparable bond. We rescued a dog we never knew his history. he was the best ever and we had his company for 7 wonderful years.
    Good luck with sorting your crafty stash I did mine a few weeks ago and now I can't find anything..lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria

    It's lovely to hear from you again, I hope you are well?

    Craig & Bentley are already inseparable if Craig goes to the loo the dog waits outside the door, he's so faithful in just a short time it's lovely to watch them together. We have always rescued dogs it's heart breaking to see all the beautiful dogs in those rescue homes.

    In some way's I wish I'd never started the moving of the workroom I didn't realise it would take so long and be quite so tiring. I'm hoping that this weekend will the end and I can start card making again.

    Take Care, Hope to see you again soon

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hello, I only popped by to see if you were awake as the past dozen or so times I heard you snoring and low and behold the wine's worn off lol.
    I'd love the room to have a large work space I feel so boxed in, but heyho, it's a room with a roof if you get my jist. I've been toying with the idea of getting a die for edging it looks beautiful and a lovely idea for your party.
    Ohhh there's Bentley and there's Bentley and Craig's is the best by far, hopefully easier to handle too ! Extra special considering where he was adopted from, I'm sure he'll have so many happy hour's with his special friend. So glad to see you awake but have to go I have a ginger lump asking for her dinner. Love you and thinking of you sweetheart xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph

      Cheeky Buggar! It was a very difficult day and really needed pain killers, and you're probably right that I snored that night, probably, OK definitely!!! after a big family get together and standing for so long and running after Phoenix I was exhausted and in pain. Paul didn't complain about the snoring but he was equally as knackered, and he played rounders so we probably out snored each other.

      Craig & Bentley are definitely best buds. I have to drive over an hour tomorrow to walk Bentley as Craig is doing a speech for Dorset Mind So I have to drive all that way just to water the dog, but will have a good playtime too so all is good.

      Usual Love & Hugs Boss

      Tina XX

      Delete