Sunday 7 November 2021

Phoenix is 4 today

 Hi my Friends

 

It's been a while. I now have my date for my complete knee replacement, It's on the 24th November 😓, I'm really not looking forward to it especially as last night on the news they were talking about non urgent operations. They spoke to a gentleman that had been waiting for the same op as me. They performed his op which was good for him to eventually get his knee done but, at the near the end of the op they showed the surgeon with a chisel type instrument and a hammer and the noise was awful. A lady I know had hers done 6 weeks ago now and she said that she was semi conscious through hers. Joyce said she couldn't remember hearing any noises so maybe they turned the juice up at that time and she nodded off, she had a spinal anesthetic and in the booklet I have been given I might have one too. Oh my god! I hope I can have a Brandy & Babycham in my drip and headphones on playing Don Williams, Id like Michael Jackson but I might try to moonwalk so I think that might be tricky. I go for my pre op assessment on the 15th then have to isolate, so I won't get to see Claire Craig & Phoenix for a few weeks as I have to isolate for a week when I get home too.

When Claire came over a couple of weeks ago she said " Phoenix ask Grandma what you asked mummy this morning. Phoenix Said " Grandma I want to come to your home for Christmas ". Well that made my day ". I don't know that I'll be much help in the kitchen but I am really looking forward to Christmas hugs with our little man.

Well where has 4 years gone. I remember sat here making his castle card for his 3rd b'day. Time is passing way too fast. I'm making Phoenix's cake this year ( NO PRESSURE ). He wants Grandma's pizza pinwheels, sausage rolls and and a really decadent dark chocolate cheese cake.

Janice if you are looking in, wish GED a very Happy Birthday too.

 

OK Here Goes 

 










 

Well that's it for now. I'm hoping to get all my Christmas cards cut out so that I can construct them in the lounge. I'm really going to miss my Workroom until I can manage the stairs again.

Take Care & Stay Safe Everyone who pops in!

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

 

 

   


13 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, lovely to hear from you and the super duper card for Phoenix 4th birthday, where has all that time gone, when you see him tell him I wish him a happy birthday and sending virtual big hugs to him. Now you mustn't worry about waking up etc. I have had both hips replaced and 1 knee replaced, I won't sugar coat it and say it doesn't hurt for a while afterwards but it is a different hurt or pain that you have at the moment. The knee itself doesn't hurt any more but where the surgery cut was is the painful bit and with medication it gets better every day, it hurt me when the stitches came out but once they were out it was so much more comfortable. As to the operation, I had the epidural in my spine so didn't feel a thing, I was put to sleep but it was not a very deep sleep, although I didn't know anything about it and certainly didn't wake up whilst under. The best advice I can give is to tell the anaesthetist of your concerns and they will know what to do, and then follow all there instructions after the operation especially with the physio people, do your exercises and you will be fine. The area around my knee is still numb and will always remain so because they have to cut the nerves or something like that to put the new knee in but that really is not so bad. I hope this has helped you, please let me know how you get on.

    Big hugs and stay safe. love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Lovely to hear from you too. I will pass on your birthday wishes when he comes over today.Thank you for all the info and I will definitely talk to the anesthetist.I've been told by quite a few people to keep up the exercises. I'm seriously not looking forward to having the stitches out, that turns my stomach at the thought.

      Thank you June, and I will keep in touch.

      Lots of Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Many Happy Returns to Phoenix, 4 years has flown by! What a magical Christmas you have to look forward to, that will cheer you up after your op I hope. Thank you as always for Ged's birthday wishes, not the happiest one this year, we have both been poorly (non covid) and we lost of beloved Nellie (Cat) on Thursday. Best of luck for your op, look forward to seeing some of your Christmas Cards if you are up to making them this year. Much Love Andrea, not Janice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea

      Firstly I apologize for calling you Janice, I really don't know why I typed the wrong name Sorry!

      I feel so sad for you, It's heart breaking losing a much loved fluffy member of the family. They leave such an empty space in your heart.I'm really sorry Andrea. XX

      If I get around to making my cards this year I will definitely share them here.

      Lots of Love & Gentle Hugs Andrea

      Tina XX

      Delete
    2. Andrea I forgot to say I hope you & Ged feel better soon

      Hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete
    3. Thank you Tina, both a bit brighter today, fingers crossed we have turned the corner. I have been called much worse things than Janice!

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina

    Happy 4th birthday Phoenix!

    Best of luck for your knee op Tina, I hope it's a great success. Rehab physio can feel slow and might even feel uncomfortable and it isn't fun but never be afraid to speak up if something doesn't feel right as then they can either reassure you or look into why. I'm afraid that's the only advice I can give really.

    Loved Phoenix's Christmas wish. So cute.

    Billy sends fluffy hugs & best wishes to you and Half Pint.

    Take care, stay safe and big hugs, T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi T

    Lovely to hear from you, I hope you are well.

    Thank you for the advice, I will try and be brave, I have to say I am a little apprehensive but it has to be done.

    I'll be in touch and have a chat later as I am going mad baking for Phoenix.

    Lots of Love Hugs & fluffy one from Half Pint & Me. XX

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina lovely to hear from you and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHOENIX XX.
    So pleased you have a date for op i will be thinking of you . I love the card 4 already my greatgand son is 5 in January just can not believe it.
    It will be a quite Christmas for us as on our own this year as getting more difficult . well take care my love to you all hugs jeannie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanie

    Lovely to hear from you too Jeanie. I really must take time to make cards I do miss talking to the people that visit here. Thank you for thinking of me.

    I'll pass your message on to Phoenix next week when I see him again for the last time before my op.

    Time is passing too quickly isn't it.

    Take Care Jeanie
    Sending you Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it Tina. You'll be moonwalking, running and swinging Phoenix round before you know it, imagine the best summer ever and double it, that's what's in store for you sexy gran. If they aren't going to knock you out I'm sure they'll let you have ear phones you need to ask at your pre-op. I'll be scrubbed and by your side in spirit although I loved orthopedic theatre when I worked in the NHS love you as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Boss

    When you were writing your message I was at the pre ass appointment. Craig mentioned earphones to me at Phoenix's little munchkin party Saturday. I will ring and ask them though, and I'm so looking forward to moon walking as I couldn't do that before op 😃. I love the fact that you'll be scrubbed and there with me. If I start tlking to you they'll probably put me in a padded room as opposed to recovery room 😏. Love to you too Steph.

    Love & Hugs

    Me XX

    ReplyDelete