Monday 6 June 2022

Friend's Birthday Card

 Hi my Friends

I'm sorry it's been such a long time since my last blog. I'd like to say that I have been recovering from my knee replacement operation, but that too was cancelled again. I now have a date for the 23rd June, I've had my pre op assessment already and have a blood test on the 16th June and maybe the op on the following Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath. So I have been feeling a bit low and in a lot of pain, hence no cards, but I gave myself a good talking to and made two cards. One for my brother-in-law and one for my friend up north  We always try to get up to Yorkshire to celebrate our friend's birthday but with the pandemic and isolating because of my operation we won't be seeing her again until later this year, knee permitting. Anyway enough of that, how are you all?

We are at the moment recovering from dog & cat sitting for Claire while they went on holiday with the outlaws! We collected them from Claire last Thursday when we looked after Phoenix as Claire had a day trip to a farm with her class. Then on Saturday Craig said could we have his dog Bentley over night as he had an early start for a bike ride around London as all the roads were going to be closed. So Saturday we had 3 dogs & 4 cats in the house. Our three cats have not ventured out of my work room. Figaro ( Claire's cat ) is no problem she was living in the dining room and was enjoying lots of attention. Half Pint has been stuck to me like glue as the other dogs are bigger than her, well anything is bigger than Half Pint, even the cats. The 2 boy dogs have been quite enthusiastic in their play together and have on occasions got quite excited and have peed on the rugs in the hall, so we went on line Sunday and bought a Vax carpet cleaner. Things have become a lot calmer now that Bentley has gone home. PHEW! what a weekend. Indiana Jones & Figaro went back home on Saturday and peace has reigned at Drakes Field once again. Having a manic weekend/ week it makes you realise just how quiet your own pets are. It was good been fun, don't get me wrong and I loved having them stay but I don't think we'll do all of them together again.and I can now get up in the morning without 2 more excitable dogs saying good morning. In a funny way I miss them.. My three cats are now enjoying the run of the house, so happy pets all round.

 

 

 Here goes!

 

 

 

 

 









 


 
 

  • Well that's all for now.
  •  
  • The next card I need to make is for my sister-in-law for a special birthday, so thinking cap on. I don't envy Paul as I will be making this card post op and won't be able to climb the stairs so he will probably be running up & down stairs with things i have forgotten for her card. I must try and die cut and have the mat & layers, the sentiments, inserts & box ready so I can have that to work on when I get home.


 

 



           


7 comments:

  1. Hi Tina

    I'm so sorry your up got cancelled again, even Misters hernia op which was private, got cancelled at the end of march because the surgeon was needed to cover sickness at the local NHS hospital. He was eventually done at the end of April and now thankfully back at work because he was driving me crazy! Love him dearly but having a man under your wheels when you're trying to get on is not easy lol.

    I loved your description of your temporary menagerie, poor Half-Pint! I hope she's recovered from that trauma - give her a big hug from me. I've got to hurry up and get some stuff cleaning out the back bedroom then I can move my musical stuff in there and we can think about getting another dog as I do miss dog cuddles.

    I have everything crossed that your operation is going to go ahead on the 23rd of June. I did laugh at the image of your husband running up and down the stairs wildly looking for craft items that he has no idea what they are and bringing down arm fulls of stuff that you don't need. Especially hope your op gets done and you get recovered see you can go visit friends this year. It would be so nice for you to get away after the last two years being cooped up.

    I've got to make a card for my nephew in the next week or so, it's going to be a bit of a change from the type of crafting I've been doing lately, many years ago go I worked as a musician and did have an interest in how guitars and basses are made. Since the first lockdown I have been playing my musical instruments again and I'm busy rebuilding a couple of guitars and putting myself a new bass together. Notice I said first lockdown lol because it takes me so long to get anything done. I'm sure somebody without my health issues could have done these jobs in about 6 weeks but it is keeping me amused and I'm pretty sure I can say I've got my money's worth if I'm still playing with these things two and a half years later! I have done a repair or two for friends in the meantime as well. I do find the certain satisfaction playing with power tools LMAO. It's nice to have something to think about while I'm still waiting to hear from the hospital myself. It really is getting to the stage where I'm going to have to find out how much it would cost to be seen privately. Fingers crossed over because it really does happen when you least expect it!

    Anyway that's me for now, please feel free to email if you're bored during recovery. Google speech to text really does make typing a lot easier but unfortunately it does aid me in my tenancy of ramble!

    Big hugs to you and all the family with special paw hugs for Half-Pint

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T
      Glad Mister has had his operation and is fit and well and back to work.

      Life, I'm glad to say is back to normal, what ever that is. The two kitties are running around the house like a couple of lunatics let out on parole for good behaviour not knowing there's another lock down on the 16th when Claire goes to Euro Disney for a long weekend. Phoenix doesn't know and they're not telling him until they're on the plane just in case of cancellations. She has made him a box of mickey mouse ears, his ticket to Disney and lots of things to keep him occupied on the flight. I can't wait to see those video's. Mo Mo and Half pint are just pleased to have lots of cuddles and watch the kitties go mad. I can just visualise their faces when I open the door to Claire on the fifteenth with her cat & dog again. I think Mo Mo will pack up her little bed & feeding bowl & just hibernate till they've gone.


      I would love to hear some of your music. I think you must be a very talented young lady and very accomplished to be able to rebuild an instrument. It really doesn't matter how long it takes for you to rebuild the fact that you can do it is amazing, and I hope you get your room decorated soon, and there's nothing quite like a power tool.

      I've passed on your hugs to Half Pint and they were very much appreciated. I think it will be very good for you to get another 4 legged friend, you know there is another loyal little dog out there just waiting for a home with you, just like Billy, but different.

      I really hope you get to see someone soon at the hospital too, you really shouldn't have to be considering private treatment. I'm going to a private hospital for my op but on the NHS and they don't mind making you feel like a 2nd class citizen. I have to get ready for my op in a cubicle in a corridor & the private's have a lovely room. They get an afternoon tea & I'll get custards creams. Thank goodness I'm not going for the food.

      Anyway enough from me tonight. Thank you T, if this message hasn't put you off I'd love to email you in my recovery.

      Take Care T
      Lots of Love & Hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina, sorry your op was cancelled, fingers crossed that it goes ahead this time, I know what the pain is like, I have had one knee replaced but am trying to hold out for as long s I can for the other one, also trying to lose weight - not easy.

    You must have been exhausted after all the cats and dogs got together, I would have been tearing my hair out if it was me.

    The card is absolutely beautiful, she will love it. Your so clever.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June
      Recovering nicely after the hairy visitors stay.
      3rd time lucky for my op. Very nervous about it, but It definitely needs doing. My right knee is playing up now but like you I'll hang on for a while to sort that one. One step at a time Right!

      Glad you liked the card.

      Take Care & see you here soon as I have my brother-in-laws card to show.

      Love & Big Hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hello sweet friend.
    I'm worn out just reading all you've been through over the past few weeks. After all the appointments and let downs I'm hoping this time you'll get that bloming knee sorted once and for all so you can get your recovery on the way ready for Pheonix.
    It's another stunning card Tina absolutely beautiful, is that an embossing folder? What an eye for detail you have. Well we're at a classic car show as we are at the lovely little cottage, so I'll love n leave you for now and I'm sending you big gentle hugs too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi My Friend
      I'm sorry I didn't see your message yesterday and only went in my blog by chance. Yesterday was manic. We were hanging new curtains in the bedroom, but because they were going on hoop hanging from the heading tape new holes had to be drilled, not a quick job for Paul as he has more breaks than channel 4. I hope you are having a lovely relaxing time at your cottage, I think the weather is going to be kind all week. Enjoy sweetheart and we'll talk when you get home, but you know where I am in between if you want a chat.

      Love & Mega Hugs
      ME XX

      Delete
    2. I have been absent from reading blogs for a while too as my hub has also been under the knife. I do hope you have had your op now and that you are on the road to recovery. Lovely cards as always. Hope to see more from you in the near future. Love as always

      Delete