Tuesday 7 November 2023

Hi to anyone who still visits.

 

My adorable grandson will be 6 today. I can't believe how time is flying by. Monday's are our pick Phoenix up from school day and before we leave to go home he always tell me what he wants me to make for his tea the following week. This week it was spaghetti bolognese followed by fresh cream puffs and a few toffee quality street while driving home after school. We play lots of games with him and he's alway's on grandma's side as he say's he needs to help me to win because I still have a bad leg, he looks after me so much bless him, but he makes me earn my keep when I'm there regarding his evening meal first.

Things are not good with my knee. I saw 4 surgeons last week and they all consulted on my knee and have agreed that I need to undergo keyhole surgery to aspirate the knee and to put a camers inside and to take tissue sample to see if I have a deep lying infection. They don't think I have have but it's the next step and they said that they wouldn't consider going in to try and put my knee right for two years after the original surgery, so U know I still have at least six months before anything can be considered. So at the moment I have been given a blue card and use a wheelchair to go out anywhere now. I Said to Paul about buying an automatic car as I have been housebound for over 2 years, so we sold my lovely old land rover for an automatic freelander. I don't go out on my own as I've lost a bit of confidence driving on my own and it being a new car, but just to get in it and drive over the forest is amazing and next week I'm driving us up north to visit a friend we've not seen for 2 years. I'm nervous but looking forward to it too.

Anyway on to another subject of Birthday's and I would like to say a very Happy Birthday to  GED. I hope you have a good day and also hope you are both well Andrea?

I did make Phoenix a birthday card but have had to invest in a new computer and don't know at this moment how to upload them on my blog, but I wil get help and upload it soon.

Take Care everyone that looks in.

Love & Hugs

Tina XX


4 comments:

  1. Hello Tins, There arent many days I dont think of you or check in to see if you have posted. So sorry to hear of all your knee troubles I do hope they will be sorted sooner rather than later. As always thank you so much for remembering Ged. He is 79 today and hasnt had the best of years health wise either, one thing after another, added to which I am going into hospital on Friday for a hip replacement, we have had to dig deep for me go privately as if I have to wait for the NHS I will totally disabled by the time I get to the top of the list. No crafting supplies have been purchased for a while, good job I have a good stock of things to keep me busy. Sending my love to you and wishing Phoenix a Happy Birthday too, 6 is a magical age and dont the young ones seem so advanced now? Our 5 year old great grand-daughter leaves me standing when it comes to the computer! Do please keep me posted as to your progress. Love and best wishes Andrea Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea. I hate technology. I had to wait until Paul got home to be able to send this message to you as Tina and not anonymous. I'm so sorry to hear that Ged is having health problems and especially to heat that you are going in Friday to have a hip replacement. who is going to look after you when you get home? I know it's an awful lot of money to go private for hip or knee replacement. I was quoted as a private patient £14,000,00 to go private and I wished I'd paid that because now they want £ 35,000,00 for corrective surgery. Will you please let me know how you get on after your operation. Sendinding lots of Love & hugs, and I will be thinking of you Friday.

    Hugs Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to let you know all went well, I was in 3 night's, been home for a fortnight tomorrow, begining to get more mobile by they day, the relief from constant agonising pain is immense. Hope you are coping with your problems.Sendin love as always Andrea xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Andrea. So sorry I haven't replied sooner I've had family things going on and bad nights with my knee so have been up to my workroom to use the computer. I'm so pleased that your op seams to have gone well and you sound on the right road to recovery, and so pleased the agonising daily pain is getting less each day.

      I went in on the 13th December for keyhole surgery. They put a camera in to have a look around, took several biopies of surrounding tissue's and they aspirated the knee too. It's only the 14th now but in quite a lot of pain, but I'll just keep popping the pills. How's Ged? is he feeling any better health wise?

      Have you finished Christmas decorations or are you like me on catch up. Hopefully I'll get the hall & kitchen cecs up at the weelend. What ever you do take it slowly and Enjoy your Christmas MERRY CHRISTMAS Andrea & Ged XX

      Delete