Saturday 17 February 2018

Round 2 of Birthday cards

Hi My Friends.

As promised 2 more cards. These are for Claire. Yet another birthday, my goodness I feel old, where have all those years gone. Craig came over to celebrate Claire's birthday today 16th Feb. He didn't stay too long after his meal as he is still not up to par, but he did go home with a lot of sausage rolls I baked for a snack for later ( his favourite's ). He rang when he got home and was feeling a lot better. You never stop worrying about your children, no matter how old they are. Every time they leave to go home and until you hear they get home safely I seem to get a few more grey hairs.

Anyway enough waffle, onto the promised cards.


Here Goes!!

 I thought I would leave the back ground to Claire's card plain as there was so much going on on the main focus.


 The white roses I made by adding the pearl pixie powders which really doesn't show in these pictures, but in real life they look really pretty.











I'm really loving my go press & foil machine, and they are now bringing out go cut and press dies which look really good.






I made a card for Claire From Evelyn & Phoenix after finding this stamp/ die for my go press & foil machine as she really is a very special mummy.










 I used the red pixie powder on the rose, dried it , then sprinkled a little gold pixie powder added a bit of water which was just enough to give it a hint of gold on the petals.



 I used an old product on the edges of the card. Do you remember the little strips ( peel offs ) I think they were called. Well I found a whole folder full on my shelf and thought that will do nicely just to take the raw edge off the card! Some times the old things are the best?





And finally Birthday Girl/Mummy & Phoenix at 36 & my little man at 14wks














I just love him to pieces. Claire, Craig & I had a lovely Steak birthday lunch, well Claire & Craig did. I cooked lunch, Phoenix woke up just as I was dishing up, so I fed Phoenix and had much enjoyed chats and cuddles instead of lunch. Much better than a piece of steak. I saved mine to have with Paul for dinner tonight. What an absolutely lovely day I've had.

Last card will be on Sunday, possibly a blast from the past for my sister unless I have all day tomorrow to make her one. I'll show it here even though you might remember it ( sorry if you do ). The next new card is for Evelyn for March the 3rd. Claire wants us all to spend the day together to celebrate her birthday and what Evelyn has achieved since she passed, which is amazing, bless her.

Well I'm off for an early night as I'm really Creamed Crackered, I really must learn to go to bed before 3am.

It's now 12.35am and Paul has just been called out for work and asked if I would still be up when he comes in. So maybe not an early night tonight! Hey Ho!!.

Take care everyone, Talk soon

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

17 comments:

  1. Oh Tina, wow, what beautiful cards and beautiful pictures. He's a real bundle of joy. I'm so pleased things are now better for you all, stronger together. Keep crafting. Happy birthday to Claire. Hugs Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa

      Glad you liked my cards for Claire and my little man too. I'll pass on your b'day wishes to Claire when I see her next week and of course my little bundle.

      final card for February tomorrow.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina, you make the most beautiful cards, I wish I had an ounce of your talent, I especially love the hot foil stuff, I don't have the money to buy one but have got the transfer foil ones which are just as good, never mind, one day I might win the lottery....oh can you see those pigs flying up there......

    Anyway I digress, I know that the cards will be treasured for life, us crafters can see how much work goes into them.

    Looking forward to seeing your sisters one.

    So pleased that all went well at the meal and yes I would have forgone the steak for all those special cuddles, Phoenix is so adorable, beautiful pictures of Claire holding him, and look at him asleep, he is so contented. Give him a special cuddle from me when you next see him.

    Must go as got company coming later and need to get myself organised.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      What a lovely thing to say about my cards, thank you June. I've not heard about the transfer foils. I got my foil machine for Christmas from Paul, it was on offer from Crafty devils for £87.00 instead of £129.99 or I would have been watching pigs fly too.

      Since Phoenix arrived I haven't had one meal at the table with the family, it always happens that Phoenix wakes as we are dishing up the meal so Grandma prerogative to have cuddles instead.It will be my pleasure to pass on your special cuddle and tell him why you are a special lady.

      I hope you enjoyed your company.

      Talk soon

      Love & Hugs June

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina WOW WOW WOW your cards are stunning I wish I could make such gorgeous cards your so talented. I like your they roses look so life like.look amazing.
    Love the pictures of Clare holding Phoenix you can feel the love ❤️ She has for him he is adorable Xx
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda

      3 Wow's Lynda Thank you so much.

      He really is a very special little man to us all.

      I don't know if you come back to read this, but I hope you, CU, & Rea & Bailey are all keeping well.

      I will talk soon Lynda

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Beautiful birthday cards for Claire. Phoenix is so precious. Blessed you are. Your flowers are gorgeous. I really like pixie powder, but never thought to use it on finished flowers! Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Thank you and glad you liked Claire's cards.

      Phoenix really is very precious to us and count our blessings everyday for him.

      Glad you liked the pixie powder flowers too, next card Sunday

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Hello Tina,
    Hey! I’m not Last!! The Day of Miracles isn’t over!
    What a truly lovely little boy! He is sooo cute and did make me smile! Lovely photos of Claire and Phoenix . Lovely memories to have as they grow up so quickly! I’d have gone for the cuddles too!
    Your cards are lovely as ever and I have to say it’s great to see them again! You make a mean rose lady!! Seriously they are beautiful. I like the construction of your card for Claire too - it’s lovely.
    Thank you!
    Lots of love, Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra

      YAY! you're not last.

      Aww Thanks Myra, I'm biased I know but I think he so cute too and to get as many cuddle in before he thinks he's too old for them.

      Glad you liked Claire's cards and the lovely comment about the roses, Thank you Myra.

      Talk soon, Take Care

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
    2. Hi my lovely. As always your cards amaze me what wonderful talent you have. I'm so pleased Paul had a great day, no more than he deserved. How happy does Claire look, and Phoenix is a dream Tina. I'm off to research this hot press doodah, bet I'll have to find some 'evening work' to pay for it 😉 oh well what'll be will be I suppose. I hope we'll see Evies card, but if you want to keep it personal to the family then so you should its a very personal to the heart of I'm making any sense but you'll know how I think, if you don't then no-one will xx
      Love you sweet friend xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Boss

      I will show Evelyn's card here, I just have to get my thinking cap on though, and you always make sense to me!.

      I know the Go Press & Foil was a bit of an indulgence but I did get it when they had a good offer at Christmas. Instead of £129.99 I got it for £ 87.00.

      Will talk soon

      Love you too Steph

      Me XX

      Delete
  6. Tina, it lovely to see your stunning cards again. I hope this is the start of us getting treated to your master pieces again.
    Oh boy Phoenix is fairly growing and he is gorgeous. Claire is looking happy which i am sure is giving you peace of mind.
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel

      It's lovely to see you here again and glad you liked my cards too.

      Thanks Hazel, I am biased but Phoenix is just perfect. I can't put into words to see Claire Happy face, but sometimes you see her eye's look blank when she is having a bad day and that's really hard to see.

      Hope you & Charlie And of course Harris are all well

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  7. Hello Tina,
    You are certainly back with your gorgeous cards, and the photographs of Claire and Phoenix are beautiful. He looks such a gorgeous little boy who has brought such happiness. How lovely that you had such a great day and enjoy all the cuddles you can get.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen

      Lovely to see you here again.I can't put into words how much he makes us smile. Everyday we have an update and a picture and he's smiling in everyone. I'm sure they keep the grumpy ones to themselves.
      What a fantastic job this is being a Grandma!

      Talk soon Maureen

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  8. Two fantastic cards Tina. It's great to see your cards again. Phoenix looks gorgeous and he photos are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete