Wednesday 21 February 2018

Tutorial of Frames


Hi Friends


June, as promised a step by step tutorial about the frame on Paul's card. I have to admit I used the pierced frames this time to see if they worked as well, I'll let you all comment about that, but if you want a tutorial on the plain frame I will be more than happy to do that too, you only have to yes!

I did think of doing a video instead of a frame by frame tutorial but my allergy is playing up big time and didn't think it would sound so sleek with the croaky voice and the occasional cough, not want anyone wants to hear, Right!. I can definitely tell spring is on the way at last! not just with my allergies, bring it on!, but for the lighter evenings, more importantly the thought of some more heat from warmer days to come, I can't wait.

OMG again I digress ( waffle ) please tell me to shut up and get on with it. ( be kind though )

Here Goes!





I used both sets of frames, but unknown to me at the time I only needed to use one set.





I used frame number 4 & 6 taped them down and passed through cutting machine. Number 1 being the smaller one.




I then added die number 5, and taped it down between 4 & 6. Don't try to lift the already taped down dies to insert die 5 as you could move die 4 & 6 there's really no need. tape in place 5th frame then emboss, DO NOT CUT.



This is what it should look like.



 Right side up. I then held it up against the light and it looked a bit thin, so I thought I would cut another frame the same size to add strength, but!


I took 4,5 & 6 frame from the B frame set which is slightly smaller. Not realising this at the time I carried on and made the same frame as above, only to find that it didn't match the 1st frame but I have to say I liked it more.


 These were both frames cut out. you can see the one on the left is slightly smaller ( that's the B frame ) I added thin sticky pads to the smaller frame and stuck it to the larger (A ) frame.



Using these dies above I achieved this frame below.


I hope this has been an informative tutorial, but if not please say WHAT! and I will help.

Thank you all for returning.

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

5 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, well what can I say but a very big THANK YOU, this is exactly what is wanted, I am going to have a go at this later and see if mine comes out like yours, if it does well I will be in 7th heaven, the frame on your card was amazing.

    Thank you again so very much and hope the cough is a bit better, oh and it is going to be getting colder next week so wrap up warm.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you this is very well explained. Bit busy at the moment but will try it when the pressure is off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina
    Thank you so much for your tutorial will give it a go later after i have been to dentist again still hurting after a week of antibiotics.
    Just looked back at all your cards & WOW WOW WOW they are so stunning.
    HUG'S Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tina,
    Oh thank you so much for doing this, I now have the knowledge to make some decent mens' cards, and how did I miss yesterday's beauty which is definitely a "Tina Card" as it's glorious.
    I hope you are soon feeling much better but can I say you don't know what waffling is, now I can show you that, no problem ha ha.
    We are still renovating and decorating but are on the last lap now, so hopefully I'll be able to get in the swing of things again and catch up with people.
    love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great help love thanks. It's so hard to do a step by step. Cutting one frame - make a note, add another die, make a note of which number you used, and so it goes on, but at least we're a lot more in the know PLUS you have two more frames to use on cards that you can then WOW us with lol. No getting out of that one Mrs. E 😆
    Thanks for finding the time love and the voice.
    Sending love and hugs your way xxxx

    ReplyDelete