Tuesday 28 August 2018

A Baby Card

Hi My Friends

I apologise for such a long break since my last blog message. I had a card made ready to go on the blog but, due to their holiday's the card was delivered before I could take photo's and post it here first, Sorry!


 How have you all coped with this years summer.I cannot remember a summer that was so hot and went on for so long without a break it was relentless, I'm not complaining, OK maybe a little but I saw less of my garden this year in the daylight hours as I was sat in my workroon in front of the aircon or walking around with a rechargeable hand held fan. So we have spent many an evening having a glass or 3 of wine into the wee small hours and enjoying the garden and all the night life. How have you all coped with the heat?

I've been really busy making things for Phoenix's Christening. I think I've already said that Claire & Toby wanted the Christening in the church where they had their Blessing in our village. So I now have all the outside bunting, I've made the indoor bunting and I have personalised over a 100 serviettes with my Go Press & foil machine, not that we have that many people coming but I guess they will use more than one serviette with all the different foods. I've put a few on the blog for you too see. It's just the catering to do nearer the date. I have a list of things to bake but there is not much I can bake and freeze before the day, it will all have to be done on the day before or very early on the big day. The week following the Christening I think I will be sitting with my feet up, well until I have to look after Phoenix again while Claire is at work. All good fun though!!

We had some good news and worrying news too, My niece gave birth to a beautiful little Girl on the 14th August,  but she was born with some health issues, two of them being with her heart. She has a hole in the heart and the aorta valve was too narrow. On the 24th Skylar had heart surgery which went really well. They left the wound open for a few days and the wound closed up on Sunday and she is doing very well. She has other issues but they will be dealt with later. We haven't been able to meet her yet for obvious reasons, but she is a little fighter thank god and I can't wait to meet her and have  big gentle hugs.

I made this card for little Skylar Rose and her proud Mummy & Daddy. I thought I would make another eclipse card using one of Sue Wilson's baby die sets.


Here Goes!






















 Here are a few serviettes, I have done mine on 3ply serviettes but can also be done on material ones too.









Well I know it doesn't look like much work in just over a month but, with my hand made bunting spread out so that it doesn't tangle, the garden games ( God willing the sun shines ) in one corner of the dining room, the plates & cutlery, the extra freezer, my dining room is stacked to the rafters if it could talk it would say enough already!! I just want to make it a day to remember for Claire & Toby and of course my little man.

Well that's all for now. I will share some photo's of the Christening with you, but would like to think I will have time to make Phoenix's card and share with you before the big day.

Take Care everyone and see you again soon

Love & Hugs

Tina XX








7 comments:

  1. Hi love. I'd love to know how you do those eclipse cards I'd not heard of them till you uploaded the card for Liz they are so effective.
    Sounds like a repeat of the wedding lol miles of pretty hunting etc, doesn't the foiling make it all look luxurious, I dread to think how much shops or printers would charge to personalize celebration items such as those you've made and you've done a fantastic job Tina. Have you any artistic flair bottled ready to sell I'd love a bottle or two ☺ I have a baby card to crack on with so forgive me for leaving so soon. The baby was born on the 19th of this month and unusually his parents have only just decided on a name, these days it's so unusual as they want to know the gender as soon as they read the blue line on the test and have names ready two weeks after that, so now I have a name I can add it to the cloud - also using Sue's New Arrival dies ☺ I really need that rattle though, it would come in so useful for my market cards. Anyway I mean it now lol I must love n leave you. Speak soon and love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely Friend

    Glad you like the card. I'll do a tutorial if you like? Trust me Steph they are easy but effective. Paul & I are really looking forward to doing the decorations, I hope it looks as good as it does in my head.

    My head has been in baby brain mode and I get up everyday and think, right today I am going to make an adult card today and my mind goes blank so if I was to send you artistic flair you would get a crate of empties.I think that rattle die is lovely too but I must use what I have now. I'll send you a list of the baby dies I have and if you want some cut out in any colour just WhatsApp me.

    Hope you managed to get your baby card finished.

    Talk soon Boss. X

    Love & Hugs
    Siovan XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should have said if I WERE going to send, not WAS. Whoops

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina Gorgeous card for little one.
    I hope the weather holds for the christening love all the things you have made .

    my love to you and Family have a lovely weekend .
    love jeanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanie

    Thank you so much, glad you liked the card and serviettes. Keep everything crossed for the day.

    Love to you & your family too, and special ones for you X

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tina,
    Oh gosh!! Remember me!! A few hints - cows tail, hedgehog, another night owl!!! I don’t know what has happened but your blog isn’t coming through to my email! I’d looked a few times and then life gets in the way! I’m very sorry! I didn’t see the last one at all and found this one by chance!
    Will be in touch! Promise!
    I really love your card - I think Eclipse cards are so effective . I haven’t made any myself yet as I’ve no tall alphabet letters yet! They are on the list with a load of other things! Yours is one of the prettiest I’ve seen - it’s been Tina’d!!
    Hasn’t it been a glorious summer - a bit too hot at times and our lawns certainly suffered but they are beginning to recover!
    Yourholiday photos are great!
    Boy oh boy have you been busy! The Napkins are lovely. A lot of work but well worth the effort! You will certainly need a rest when it’s all over!
    We’ve just had a busy weekend with all the family here - some on Friday and some on Saturday helping Dad prune and cut back high shrubs and roses!
    Lovely to see you again!!
    Lots of love,
    Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mrs Cows tail

    Lovely to see you again. I think I have done something to my computer. I had some notifications asking me to accept, me being me was a bit wary so waited for Paul to read them and he just said " Yep accept " and I don't seem to have had so many visits. I know I have been missing for a while so I shouldn't expect people to hang around.

    Anyway it's lovely to see you again and what a stunning summer but where has that time gone. We could do with your family over here to help with our garden, sadly mine wouldn't think about helping with our jungle. We need to get a wriggle on for the Christening, but it looks quite daunting after that rain it grew like triffids.

    Well off to bed for an early night watching the Walton's. I know each story word for word. I was brought up watching them and love that they on a loop for watching 24/7 I love the innocents.

    I look forward to hearing from you but equally I should have been in touch too.

    Talk soon

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete