Sunday 22 July 2018

Birthday Card & Holiday Pics

Hi Friends

I'm sorry my blog posts seem to be getting further apart, i just can't believe how this year is whizzing by. Plus holiday's in between. We went to the Lake district last week. We planned to leave by 9am but when Paul moved the car to connect to the caravan he noticed some oil on the drive, typical!.  At 7am he was on his way to the garage and hoped that they could help, and bless em! they did. They topped the oil up in the Diff ( something to do with the drive shaft ). He did say that it would need to be replaced soon especially if we are doing that long journey again, and we are! sometime next month. So that's not going to be cheap.

Paul wants to go back to the Lakes and stay at a site called Trout Beck as there are another series of mountains for him to climb.

I didn't even get to have a walk around Derwent Water, the lake along side our camp site with Paul & Half Pint as I had a fall in the caravan. Paul had already gone out for his 1st climb,when I saw the biggest hornet EVER!  and heard it, and there was no way I was going in the awning to get my craft stash until that hornet had found it's way out. So for the first afternoon I pulled the fly net over the door and I read my book with a glass of wine.

The next morning after breakfast, Paul left for his all day climb, and the awning sounded quiet so I guessed the pain in the butt hornet, ( literally ) had found his way out of the openings in the awning. I got to the table and chairs where Paul had left my stash. Then I heard that noise, I ran to the caravan steps and the hornet flew straight for my head, it was in my hair. I shook my head and waved my arms around like a lunatic, I couldn't scream in case Half Pint came and tried to take it on, it really could have hurt her it was so big. I turned to get in the caravan and by turning my slipper started to come off and as I stepped through the door the toe of my slipper caught the edge of the door frame and that was it I couldn't help myself I remember twisting my knee and catching my hand on the frame of the door and part of the work surface. I also cracked my knee on the door frame and then fell head first into the breakfast bunk, and finally landed on my right hip. I remember laying there not wanting to move because I couldn't work out which part of me hurt the most, Half Pint looked shocked and came running over to lick my tears and because I didn't move she curled up under my neck until I managed to get up. My goodness all that damage and that is without having a drink, as it was only 11am, but I did have a brandy about 3pm as I was still pretty shaken. I didn't ring Paul to come back as I knew he would be well away on his climb and I didn't want him to hurry down the mountain and him having another fall. I don't think we will ever go back to that site again as it was about 5/6 yrs ago Paul had a fall and was blue lighted off to Carlisle hospital and had a major op on his shoulder when we got home, but the main reason I said we won't go back is because we were in the same wooded area and only 2 pitches away from our caravan when Paul had his fall. Not good vibes.

I did get to have a small walk when we got to Ennerdale Water. We had taken the children over many years along with both our previous dogs  called Barney & Berkeley many times and thought it only proper to take Half Pint too. We had a lovely picnic but the rain ( only the tiniest of showers ) decided it was time to leave, but at least I got out of the caravan. I did get out again, we went to the slate mine on Honister Pass and had a house name plaque carved. Really pleased with it too.

Steph so sorry we didn't get to meet up this time, I was really looking forward to meeting you & Andy & of course Cassie . Had we not had the problems with the car the morning we should have left for our jollies and had left on time we would have got our hugs from 03-03-16 😢😢. We arrived way too late, and were off again early the next  morning to continue to the lakes. Next time we'll stop for a few days ( Hard Luck ). Even after writing my list like you said and taking 4 full boxes of goodies, I still forgot a water brush and  a stamp block. Must double check my list.

I did meet a lovely lady called Lynda in the caravan next door. She is a dog trainer & had 4 beautiful dogs with her, they were all so well behaved and so quiet you would never had known they were there. It turned out she is a crafter too. She made some beautiful beaded houses (villages ) that could be hung from the Christmas tree, and gorgeous beaded bracelets. Isn't it annoying that you find a lovely person with the same interests and you're only there over night. ( bummer! ). We did exchange emails though.

I will put some pictures of the lakes after the card just in case you would like to have a look. 

Right! on to the card. This is my sister-in-law's birthday card ( LIZ ). I thought I would make her another eclipse card.

Here Goes!





















Hope you liked it.

As promised some piccies of the beautiful Lake District.


 Our pitch at Manesty, and the view from the back of the pitch. People had built a bird table so our 1st job was to buy some bird food which they all devoured.







This is a picture of the base from the slate mine. It looks like a flat road, but believe me it's not, and the road leading up to Honister slate mine is sooo steep you feel yourself leaning towards the steering wheel willing the car to move forward and not stall, It just doesn't do it justice.


The road drops from the slate mine.







This is a picnic area on Ennerdale Water I zoomed in on where we had a picnic on many occasion over our years in the Lakes, but after my fall I couldn't walk that far so we  had our picnic on the shore where Claire, Craig Barney & Berkeley had had picnics and now with little Half Pint. Such a stunning place, the photo's do not do it justice. Half Pint thought the rocks were big hills as they are so much bigger than she is.



Well, that was the 1st of our holiday's to the Lakes this year, stay tuned for the next one when Paul finds out when he can have some more time off and I can update my craft box with the items I forgot. I'd like to start on my Christmas cards next time. Hope you enjoyed the photo's.

See you back here again soon.

Lots of love & Hugs

Tina XX

12 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, my goodness you don't do things by half do you, first the car problems, then the log drive, and wow the hornet, I would have been terrified, quite understand why you didn't call Paul back as he would have worried and could have fallen himself whilst climbing. So are you feeling better, apart from obvious bruising etc. are you OK???

    The views are amazing, I love finding out about places like this.

    The card for Liz well you have done it again, she will love it, brilliant.

    Well this heat is already getting to me and it is only 7am, so what is it going to be later, phew xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Lovely to see you again.

      Bruises are fading now and I feel OK, but my knee still hurts a bit, Hey Ho! I'll survive. I can't wait to get back up to the lakes again, but this time I'm taking a very large can of insect repellent.

      Glad you liked Liz's card, hope she does too.

      This heat is relentless, I love seeing the sun for such a long time but the heat is unbearable, I'm finding hard too.

      Take Care June

      Love & Hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina what a beautiful card, I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it. Your photos are as always lovely. The Lake District is such a beautiful place, we have had many great times there. Do hope that you are fully recovered from your fall it's such a shock to the system. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy

      lovely to see you again, How are you?

      Thank you for your comment on Liz's card.

      The Lakes are just stunning aren't they, and we hope to have many more hols there too. Look! you can't keep an old dog down and I'm buggered if I am going to let one fall put paid to me driving up to the lakes, that's one of the best bits of my hols is towing the caravan for 7 hrs. ( really sad aren't I ), but I am on the mend Thank you Wendy X.

      Working on my next card as we speak.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina ,I hope you are feeling okay after fall it certainly shakes you up now you will have the nagging like i had .
    Gorgeous photo's i have never been there it looks a stunning place .

    I love the card it's Beautiful lovely to see your cards again .

    My love to you and the family hugs jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      How are you, no more floor butting I hope!! What a pair we are. X

      Nagging, now where do I start or when does he stop, and they say women nag Huh! Paul was very concerned when I told him and he could see what had happened. He made me a nice cup of strong sweet tea and said will you be OK to cook my dinner tonight!! ( only joking ). He waited on me hand and foot, but don't intend falling again just to get that level of attention again.

      Thank you Jeanie, glad you liked the card.

      You take care my friend and see you here again soon.

      Love & Hugs to you and your family too and special ones for you ((X)).

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Hello Tina, so good to hear from you again. Liz is sure to be delighted with the beautiful card you made for her. I have not seen this type of card with the cutout letters and stamped image. Your roses are exquisite. Thank you for sharing your trip, both good and bad. Photos and vacation story were wonderful. So sorry were attacked by the mean hornet and was hurt trying to get away from it. I pray you will soon recover from your injuries. Hope you will be able to post another lovely card design soon. Take care, I have missed hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Lovely to hear from you too.

      Thank you I'm really pleased you liked Liz's card and the flowers.I'd heard about this technique quite a while ago but while I was away I thought I would make another one for my sister in law and a little more fancy.

      Hold tight for round 2 from the lake district some time in Aug/Sept. minus the hornet!! Bless you SuzzieQ, I am well on the mend, just my knee now but you can't keep me down for long, there is way too much time to spend with Phoenix and he is growing so fast.

      I will try my hardest not to leave it so long before I post my next card.

      Hope you are well.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Hello Tina
    WOW WOW WOW what a brilliant card for Liz it's stunning. So are your flowers . I wouldn't know where to start making a card like that.
    I sorry but you did make me smile about the hornet gosh I think I would have had a heart attack. Awww half pint is so sweet.
    Your pictures are a lovely reminder of when we camped in the Lake District.
    Take care &I hope your knee is getting better. Catch up soon xx
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda

      3 WOW'S Lynda, Thank You X.

      I'm glad you had a smile over the hornet, I guess had it been filmed it would have looked like a comedy sketch, I do laugh about it now too, so many cuts & bruises because of one little ( HUGE ) hornet!!

      The Lakes are beautiful even in the rain. Well that is if you are in a caravan, I've never camped in the lakes but did go camping with the family every year in Devon when I was little, and I always had to sleep beside the wall of the tent and in those days you couldn't touch the sides as it would just leak when it rained, so hence I always had the soggy sleeping bag, I hated it as it never seemed to dry out before getting in it the following night.

      Hope you are all well Lynda, look forward to catching up soon.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  6. Hi love. OMG what are you like ? What have I told you about daytime drinking ?!!? You need to add more milk, coffee shots are for the Greeks it's too strong for us Brits, then to blame that poor innocent insect ! You'd have heard me scream from here if I'd been attacked like that, how frightening, reminds me of the massive dragonfly that got caught up in my 1980's hair at a water park in Florida many many year's ago, I've been phobic since, vile creatures. You poor love not having Paul to help at the time, why does it have to happen to you I ask myself. I'd have been no help I'm afraid, as much as I love you I'd have ran for the hills if you pardon the pun, small wasps put the fear of god into me let alone a dam great hornet ! But bless little half pint, I bet he wondered what on earth was happening to you lying on the floor 😢 I do hope you feel better soon. We WILL share that hug if it's the last thing I do, it's so frustrating to think you were only 40 mins away.
    Ohhh your card, it's so clever Tina and as usual absolutely stunning which letters did you use for her name (and don't say - LIZ) lol 😆 brand ! I don't know where you get your design ideas from but you're so clever. Please take care love and remember when you leave the house that hairspray attracts wasps they'll come buzzing round you that's a cert, and perfume believe me I know by experience lol. Sending blog hugs just for now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Boss

    Sorry Boss, I don't remember you telling me not to drink in the morning only not to drink and drive as I could spill it and not to drink in the shower as it dilutes it, I'll take the morning drinking info on board Ta Love!!
    I never used to be so squeamish about bugs as much as I am now, but I just hate anything that wriggles, slithers, jumps, buzz's and just looks offensive in the garden. I always re designed my garden every year, but when we moved here there was a snake on the drive when I got back from the school run and that freaked me out big time!! Half Pint is amazing, and when I have a sad day she is always there to snuggle up to me. I love her to pieces.

    Not meeting you this time was really sad, but will just give me something to look forward to in the future.X

    You made me laugh about the letters I used. All I can say for now is I'll try and find the invoice and let you know. I'm sure they were off ebay.

    I saw the eclipse card technique a while ago. I did make Liz one months ago for her friend but wasn't very pleased with it so didn't post it here. I thought I might do one for Phoenix's Christening in Sept.

    I'll let you know about the alphabet dies!

    Loves you muchly

    Tina & Half Pint XX

    ReplyDelete