Thursday 20 September 2018

Phoenix's Christening Card

Hello my Friends

Hope you are all well

As promised I have put The Christening card on for you to see. I was so fed up after making this card and the amount of patterns my cutting plate, rubber mat and the plastic shim put on the last topper I felt that I had to emboss it. I really wanted it very plain. Then when making the large frame I had patterns on that too, so I tried other plates from other machines and finally got a clean one. After I finished the card I couldn't for the life of me remember what plates I had used so I went on line and ordered new ones for the Gemini, so in future it won't take so long to make a card or use so much card as I did, but message to self when new plates arrive  "check you have the dies face down on the cutting mat".

Really must get a new camera too and better lighting. I took so many pictures but these were the best of the bunch. Some night shots, some daytime shots and some without lighting but I think there are enough to get an idea of what the card looks like.

Well most decorations are up. My sister helped me decorate under the large garden umbrella so if it's nice weather people can go outside. I woke this morning to find the umbrella had been pulled out of the patio. It's so heavy that Paul screwed it into the patio but the wind was so strong over night it ripped the screws out and blew it onto the fence which is covered with beautiful yellow Clematis, luckily not too much damage to the Clematis, fence or umbrella, but the weather at the moment for Sunday is sunshine & showers, so smaller umbrella's maybe needed.

Decoration pics to follow.

Here Goes!









































Hope you like it!

See you soon.

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

14 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, well what can I say, but Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous, all that effort has paid off, this is such a wonderful keepsake, and good luck for Sunday.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Thank you June 3X Gorgeous is really lovely, and thank you for the good luck wishes for Sunday.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful card, wishing you all a wonderful day on Sunday, I will be thinking of you all, I know it will be a special day day with many tears shed from you all, both for the happy times and the memories too. Much love as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea

      Glad you liked my card. I so wish this was my second Christening card and I know that's what you mean about memories. Evie Bear will be there with us as Phoenix has taken an unbelievable love for Evie bear and will lay hugging her or just baby talking to her. We are going to make sure that Sunday is a happy day that Claire & Toby can look back on with a smile.

      As usual, Ditto on the love and hugs I send to you. See you soon. X

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina sorry not kept you up to date.My daughter is not too bad.finished her Chemo.as. had to go on it weekly as she had been suffering.Tracey is doing good and hopingredients to go back to work on a part time basis she is looking forward to see the babies.Your card is beautiful Tina. Hope things go well love to your family.Mavis L xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mavis

      I'm so Pleased Tracey has finished her grueling weekly chemo and is doing well and is even thinking of going back to work, she's a remarkable young woman.

      Glad you liked the card for Phoenix.

      Sending you & Tracey lots of love and gentle hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Hope you are well. Thank you, glad you liked the card.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Oh Tina how do I find the words that compliments this outstanding work of art ? I was thinking of you with such a heavy heart yesterday, why - because I thought if you're due for the same weather as us tomorrow all your hard work to decorate the outside of your home will be gone in a minute or two ! The forecasts here for tomorrow are so bad the monthly market has been cancelled 😢 so my heart sank and as I started to read this post my hopes were raised so I hope this memorable day will go as planned. Had to swallow hard as I continued to read. There is another group that does funding that also provide teddy bears, 1 for the parents and an exact teddy to keep baby company, they also do star naming, £20 provides a star to be named of parents choice, a Google map of the star and where it can be seen and it's a lifetime star. This all started when a couple had their rainbow baby, they felt so strongly about the cause too and felt the need to help those dealing with this awful time. So tomorrow will be both a day for Phoenix to share with his big sister and a day to celebrate the memory of Evie. I shall be thinking of you as a strong happy family tomorrow but at the same - I will be thinking of you all so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph

    I'm so sorry I haven't replied earlier, it's been manic here but have loved every moment.the weather has been pretty bad here too but I don't think we have had it anywhere near as bad as you folks up country. Sorry to hear your Sunday market was cancelled.

    Isn't it such sweet sorrow that all the baby loss parents are having to raise awareness of their Baby Loss when they need answers and support themselves to help them to understand why this has happened and it is still being ignored by our government. We still have questions that will never be answered and we as a family have to find a way to live with this.

    Thank you for thinking of us Steph, Bless you

    Love & Hugs Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely stunning card. Your cards are always so wonderful. I hope all went well on Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, what a lovely comment to leave and yes Sunday was wonderful with so many precious memories made too. Thank you.X

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina a Gorgeous card and such a lovely keepsake so pleased you had a good day .

    love to you and the family jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jeanie

    Thank you Jeanie,lovely to see you again.

    Love & hugs To you too

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete