Saturday 2 March 2019

Evelyn's Card

Hi My Friends

Today should have been/ is Evelyn's 3rd birthday. I really don't know how we have got through that time to where we are now, it has been very tough at times. The 2nd,3rd & 4th of March are the hardest. On the 2nd we found out that Evelyn had passed away over night and the 3rd was when Evelyn was born sleeping, and on the 4th when Paul Craig & me hugged Evelyn for the 1st & the last time and said our goodbye's will be etched in my heart always. I remember leaving the hospital in  Winchester in tears and it was snowing heavily as it did when Claire was born in 1982 and Craig in 1985.

Today we are going over to Claire's as I know it's been a really tough week for her and Toby, I've made a buffet to take over to save Claire from any stress away of feeding the Eldridge's & the Wards. A day of memories and if my knackered knees will allow some happy ones too grovelling on the floor with Phoenix or running up and down the hall with his little shopping trolley I bought him last week to cheer him up as he was poorly.


The card I made has to be about daffodils as Claire was given a bunch of daffodils the day they had to say their final goodbye to Evelyn and leave the hospital without her on Mother's day 2016. So the daffodil has a very special place in our hearts and we will remember Evelyn as a beautiful ray of Spring sunshine.




Here Goes!






























about 2.30am I cut some butterflies but forgot to add them before I took the photos.


Hope you like my card for Evelyn. Hope you like Evelyn's card even more with the butterflies.

Thank you all for looking in and for those of you who stay to leave a comment a very big heartfelt Thank you for your on going support, you are all very special to me.

Lots of Gentle Love & Hugs

Tina XX

10 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, oh I know exactly what you are all going through, as you know the same thing happened twice to my son and wonderful d-i-l, the memories are still so very raw, the anniversary of everything that happens is always etched on my mind. Will never ever forget our little Amelia and peanut. They have now adopted a wonderful little girl who brings so much joy to us all.

    Special hugs to you all.

    The card is absolutely spot on, love daffodils, always got given one on Mothering Sunday at our local church, there are 5 girls so Mum had a lovely display every year.

    Lots of love to you all

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      I've thought about you too over the last few days and how your son and daughter in law lost two precious little babies, but now they have a beautiful daughter.

      I cut some butterflies to go on the card, photographed it and thought there is something missing only to find the butterflies on my desk this morning, what am I like! Glad you liked it without the butterflies though.

      Thinking og you too June

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina such a gorgeous card for Evelyn thinking of you all and lots of hugs love Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, glad you liked it, and for the hugs X

      Love & hugs to you too Jeanie

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Evelyn's card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SuzzieQ

    Heartfelt thank you for your prayers & hugs SuzzieQ

    Love & Hugs to you too

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card again. You and Claire and Evelyn have been much in my thoughts this week too. Much love as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea

    Thank you, glad you liked Evelyn's card and a heartfelt thank you for thinking of us Andrea.X

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete