Wednesday 14 April 2021

Quick Wedding Card

 Hi My Friends

 

If any of you went back to read my last blog and the message that Steph had left to inform you of our scary news that Phoenix had been rushed by ambulance to hospital.I would just like to let you know that Phoenix made a full recovery from his severe viral infection, no matter what was suggested we just couldn't get his temperature to stop spiking and eventually the doctor said we need to get him to hospital. It was yet another really bad time for us. Just hearing your daughter sobbing because she couldn't be in the ambulance too with her little man as only one parent could be with Phoenix, and because Toby showed them to Phoenix's room they chose Toby to go with them. Just not being able to go over and give Claire hugs and reassurance was so alien to me as a mum. I was in the car ready to go and to say sod the bloody pandemic my girl needs me, Claire & Paul said No!, and that we just can't get together as much as she needed a hug. Not another situation I ever want to experience ever again.

Phoenix is back to his old self now and if possible more mischievous, and since the opening of 6 people in the garden we have spent a couple of very heartwarming times together. I just love him to pieces. Today was one of them, Wednesday afternoon. He wanted to go in his swing and wanted me to push him. He then said Grandma stand in front of me so that I could pretend that he pushed me over. There was no need to pretend, I miss judged the step from the drive onto the garden and fell headlong on to my bad knee, and my deformed hand and hurt my back. Phoenix burst out laughing, but when I didn't move he was shouting sorry Grandma sorry. I laughed and said silly Grandma I just slipped on the grass, and he was ok and wanted me to push him higher on the swing. Which I did. Other than my knee, hand & back really hurting it was my pride too. I took some really strong pain killers and continued playing sword fighting, grass throwing with magical powers to turn me into anything he wanted,  I had a fantastic time with Phoenix & Claire. We had lunch on the new patio, homemade pizza swirls, prawn cocktails and chips, followed by strawberries & raspberries with double cream, it was an unexpected Wednesday Grandma treat.

Anyway I made a card too.

Paul's work colleague is getting married 2nd time around on Sunday. He's been a real gentleman all the time we have known him and has a wicked sense of humor, so I hope he likes the stamp I found for the sentiment I stamped in their wedding card, fingers crossed. What do you think

Marriage is like a deck of cards

In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond

By the end, you wish you had club & a spade.

 

 

Here Goes!

 


 








Hope you liked the card, and the sentiment.

Take Care & Stay Safe, High 5 for Jabs for all. They can't come quick enough for me.

Claire & Toby's 7th Anniversary on the 18th April card will be uploaded from Monday. 


Love & Hugs


Tina XX


9 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, so sorry I didn't know about Phoenix but so pleased he is much better now and wanting lots of plays with Nanny, you have a lot of time to make up.

    The card is absolutely stunning, I love it, any chance I could nick your idea, I would love to make something like this.

    We have both had our 2nd jabs now so am feeling much better in myself, but still only been out 4 times this year, twice for the jabs, dentist and to have my hair cut (but not in a shop). Looking forward to going to the shops but dreading it at the same time.

    Stay safe, and be careful. Big hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      I Deleted first message as it ended up at the bottom of all the messages.

      I am really flattered that you liked the card enough to use the design, Thank You.

      Really pleased you've had your 2nd jab, and totally understand your apprehensions going into shops again. Small steps but with a big wallet. Enjoy!!

      Love Hugs & Thanks

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina sorry to hear Phoenix was so poorly hope he is in full form now , very frighting at that age up and down so quickly they done the right thing to check him over but upsetting when mommy cannot go with him. Hope your knee okay you will have to slow down playing on swings.

    Love the card its beautiful your lovely flowers and what a great verse must remember that one.
    have our second vacination friday so glad when thats done prehaps get out of house soon. well take care Tina love to you all and be careful on that swing hugs jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      What a plonker I am, more water needed I think.

      Really pleased to hear that my lovely blog friends are getting their 2nd jabs, hope you don't get any side effects. Enjoy your 1st walk out in kind of normality.

      Glad you liked the card Jeanie, I only hope they find the verse funny.

      Sending you Love & Hugs too Jeanie

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina

    Apologies for not being active online. Had a bad time health-wise for a few months, Not Covid thank God. So it was a bit of a shock to see this post and see that poor Phoenix had been so unwell. I cannot begin to imagine, not having my own, how hard it was on you all but I'm guessing every paracetamol and trip up while playing with him in your mind is so worth it just having time with him & having him fit and well.

    It's a really classy card, I really think you are the Queen of flowers, you choose exactly what's right and arrange

    Billy send big fluffy dog cuddles to you and half pint. He's losing his winter coat so we're drowning in fluff! He's not doing too badly, this time of day he's resting, saving himself for Mister getting home from work.

    Big hugs to you Tina & best wishes to everyone else who visits your blog. I hope you're all ok,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh T

      I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a rough few months. Don't apologise, I'm just really pleased to hear from you.

      I really can't put into words the fear that went through me about Phoenix, he really means the world to me, and I just thank god he's back to normal plus more cheekiness, if that's possible!

      It really is lovely to hear from you again and to get Billy's big fluffy hugs again. Half Pint is also losing her fur, but as she sits behind me on my chair her fur rubs off on the back of my trousers. I can't see it and Paul tells me every night I have a big fluffy butt. I don't mind him telling me I have a fluffy butt, it's the big I object to.

      Thank you for the flower queen comment, that's just so lovely.

      I really hope to see you here again soon T, but if you want to talk in between times I'll be here at dfc2210@hotmail.co.uk

      Lots of Love & Hugs to you & Billy too

      Tina & Half Pint XXxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh Tina what have I said about your drinking lol next time I'll help finish it off lol.
    I couldn't help but smile reading your post, don't they have the best ever imaginations the things they think of are hilarious.
    So 12mths Indoors and 2hrs with our little family and both of us are full of cold germs!! Plus a hole in my shin thanks to the leg rest on Andy's chair, it flew out at a rate of nots and whollop concertinad steroid thin skin right in the middle of the thinnest part of my shin and its chuffin agony, I'm hobbling round like my blonde bestie, I thank goodness we live in a bungalow.
    Your card as always is a stunning piece of inspiration, your flowers always look so real Tina I feel their delicate amazing scent is just a finger tap away, and your choice of stamp is just fantastic lol have my 2nd vaccine this Thursday then another 2 weeks and I can start getting my health issues sorted without being terrified (she said) then new glasses and eventually a hair cut, a complete head to toe transformation lol boy I'd love botox or a face lift lol. I'm sorry I've rambled on, fortunately every blog friend that visits knows how much rubbish I rant about lol sorry everyone. Hope you've enjoyed a lovely warm sunny weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matey

    Steph, you ramble away whenever you like. Be in touch soon

    Love & Hugs

    ME XX

    ReplyDelete