Tuesday 23 September 2014

Different for me



Hi everyone, to my regular lovely's, and to everyone that just pops in.

Sorry I haven't been blogging for a while, not even on Sue's blog. Yet again we have had sad news, but about my daughters best friend Anthea who was Claire's Maid of Honor in April. She has been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. We are all in a state of shock, but we are all thinking positive thoughts. She WILL get through this.

I would like to say a big thank you to Steph, Margaret and Hazel for all the positive thoughts too on my email.

Thank goodness for crafting. I think of it as my comfort blanket, where I can escape difficult issues. What a luxury to have.

I have made this card with no bows or big handmade flowers and flouncy butterflies , I have gone down the stamping, embossing and Mica powders line, got really mucky but had a whale of a time.
I hope you like it.









Products used:-

8X8 white card Embossed with Tattered Lace EF
Background-: Tim Holtz distress inks.Wild Honey,Iced Spruce and Weathered Wood
Tattered Lace Butterfly EF
Ranger Perfect medium
Cosmic Shimmer clear embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer mica powder Iced Blue sparkle & orange shimmer
Stamps away, Pilkington silhouette flowers
Hobby Art, Tuscany stamps
Spellbinders. leaves.
C&C mirror card Pastel Blue

A different kind of card for me. Hope you like what you see.
Thank you for stopping by.

Tina XX

8 comments:

  1. Wow really stunning Tina even if you were a mucky pup! The colours are wonderful and cheerful too and those sunflowers are so beautiful.
    Stay strong sweetheart chin up, you can do it, hang on in there we are here for you, and keep up your beautiful work.
    With love and hugs
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina. Like Margaret I think this is stunning, I love the colours and that embossing folder is gorgeous. Positive thoughts are the only ones allowed. That's what got me through my op and treatment. So we will just send (((((( hugs )))))) and positive thoughts to Anthea .
    Enjoy making a mess if it helps take your mind off things for a little while. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina which ever route you go down your cards are a delight to look at and I'm so glad I found your blog..today's is so beautiful.
    You and your daughter have been going through a terrible time just lately and now the news of her best friends illness. I do hope things get better very soon....positive thoughts go out to Anthea. Do hope Clair is feeling better...sending you all hugs.
    Take care,

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    In full agreement with the others. You and your family have been going through a really bad time, but you must be positive through it all.
    You have really let yourself play with this one, very different and lovely.
    Take good care of yourself
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tina, I am just catching up here and so sorry to hear about Claire's friend, just awful news, you've certainly had loads of sadness in your family lately, sending positive thoughts to Anthea, I hope she can be strong.
    How is Claire, is she feeling better?
    Now for your card, I just love it, the colours and image are gorgeous and I love the embossed butterlies. Thank goodness for crafting Tina, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina
    Just catching up after Blogger issues.
    So sorry to hear about Anthea. What a shock for you all. Fingers and everything else crossed for her and my goodness, you're due some good news after the year you have had.
    Different card for you, as you say but delightful non the less.
    Hope Claire is feeling better.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tina, sorry for not looking in but couldn't find your blog, so had to go on Sues blog till I found your name ,
    This card is gorgeous you are so clever I love the colours you have done well worth getting mucky for its beautiful
    I have everything crossed for Anthea's recovery you have all had such horrible time lately.
    Sending BIG HUGS too you all. Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina, so sad to read this distressing post about your daughter's friend. So many medical miracles can take place, and with lots of prayer & positive energy, I'll pray that this young lady gets through this difficult time. And that those who love her will too, and can keep strong for her to lean on when she needs to. I'm loving your card. The embossing looks as though it's done on metal, with all the wonderful sparkles of the mica. I like the scene inside the oval too, and the very inspiring sentiment. What beautiful cards you've shared. So glad that Hazel put your link in so that I could find you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete