Tuesday 19 June 2018

Another rushed card

Hi my friends

Got back from holiday only to remember I hadn't made Paul's Fathers Day card. After emptying the caravan, and to get it ready for our next jaunt to the Lake District, I don't know which is harder work loading the caravan or emptying it. We hadn't been away in the caravan Since Evelyn died 2016 and helping Claire through that unbearably hard times, also when she was pregnant with Phoenix and all our anxieties, then to top it all off my hysterectomy I was ready for a break. So we went to Yorkshire to see a friend. Since losing her partner also in 2016 she'd decided to get a Labrador puppy, she's nearly 2yrs now but what a beautiful dog her temperament is so gentle but has had no training at all, but my goodness IS she strong!. Ingrid, on one of her meals in the caravan asked if she could use the bathroom and said would you hold onto Poppy as she follows her to her bathroom at home. As soon as Pops saw the bathroom door closed she cried and shot off the seat dragging me with her. I fell onto my knees, still holding on she then dragged almost to the bathroom door. Ingrid shouted is everything ok, I said yes we're fine but I got carpet burns on my knees, and they really did sting!. Half Pint was sat on the other seat probably thinking rather you than me mum.

We have thought about going to Keswick in the Lake District for our next break. The Caravan Club site is so lovely, it's set in woodland and just a 5 minute walk to Derwent Water. Around this lake there are small little pebbled areas that look like little beaches where you can take a picnic along with a bottle of wine of course! and it's shallow enough even for Half Pint to have a paddle.

I was quite apprehensive about towing the caravan, as I said it has been 2yrs and this caravan is bigger than our last one but I soon got into the swing of things and I am looking forward to towing it to the Lakes. Paul just keeps me topped up with coffee and a toasted cheese sandwich and I can go for hours. We think it will take about 6 hours as long as there are no holdups. Fingers crossed for good weather too..

Hope you are all keeping well and see you back here soon.

Hope you like the card



Here Goes!

















Sorry yet again didn't have time to put a nice background, so again I apologize for untidy desk. I have a birthday card for July show hopefully it will be displayed better than the last 2 cards and it's a lady card so all the things I like to make.



Love & Hugs

Tina XX


13 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, such a beautiful ideal card, i bet he likes this one. Hope the knee burns are healing, they really do hurt.

    We are in Devon on holiday for a week

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Thank you, he loved it, more so as it was a rushed job.

      My knees are on the mend now too.

      I hope you have a lovely holiday in Devon it's such a pretty county and the weather is meant to be good all week. Enjoy!, and safe journey home too.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina a beautiful card and love how you have put image across corner .

    Good to see you have been getting out with caravan and enjoyed a break too, hope the knees feeling better .
    take care love to you and family jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      Glad you likes the card, very different for me.

      I have been looking forward to going away for such a long time, but it really wasn't a holiday it was to go and sort out jobs that Ingrid's never did, but we did manage to get to Saltburn and had a lovely picnic by the river that runs into the sea, and it was very hot that day too.

      We are really looking forward to going to the Lake District, but not sure when though. Must get it booked soon or we will miss out.

      My knees are looking a lot better now, I must have looked like something out of a comic strip.

      Sending Love & Hugs to you & your family too.

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hello Tina!
    I’m not last! I’m sorry I haven’t been in touch but therehas been lots going on and still is! Will email soon! Let’s not bore everybody eh! I don’t mind boring you!!
    Your card is lovely and it’s a take on triple stamping I’d never have thought of! It’s a lovely card. It’s really peaceful!
    Glad you had a good holiday and gearing up for another!! We are going to younger sons tomorrow for long weekend and then back home to clear up here! We’ve been having work done and Decorator here still!
    Hope your knees have recovered! Labs are strong - I know ours was although she tended not to go anywhere in a hurry!
    Love to all the family!
    Love to you,
    Myra xxx. ( virtual smelling salts accompanying this!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! your not last. Like i say it's lovely to hear from you anytime Myra, and look forward to your boring email too. I have match sticks and a bar of chocolate ready for a sugar intake to keep me awake!!.

      Glad you liked the card,it nearly ended up in the bin.When I stamped the image the 2 frames were slightly embossed so I had to hand draw a lot of the image. Still I know for next time, but as Paul said it's even more personal.

      My knee's are on the mend. I didn't think a short drag along a carpet could cause that much pain, Hey Ho! Maybe I won't hold on so tight next time.

      Sounds like you need a break from all the work on your home, I don't know which is worse, doing it yourself at your pace or decorators working at theirs. Hope you have a lovely break at your sons, try to put your feet up for the onslaught when you get back home.

      Smelling salts appreciated, thank you. Don't know if they were for me or you, but most welcome.

      DITTO, Love to all the family & lots for you too

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. So pleased to hear from you and "hear" the excitement and "normalcy" in your words. Lovely card. I like this StampinUp stamp set. I have used this stamp set myself for masculine cards with an acetate window on the front side. Pet training is so worth the effort and time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Lovely to hear from you again too.

      It has taken a long time to pluck up the courage to go away and leave the family. I have to admit that my stress rash is rampant at the moment and probably won't diminish until I get back from the next break, I'm a bit (LOT)of a worrier.

      I love your idea of using that stamp on acetate, I bet that looks stunning, I must give that s go Thank you!

      I really think pop's desperately needs dog training. In one hour I made her sit and shake a paw or she didn't get the dog choc. She is so receptive to training but sadly Ingrid doesn't have the patience so she runs Ingrid a merry dance. All that said she is a beautiful dog and I'd love to have her for a while.

      See you again soon

      Love & Hugs SuzzieQ

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Oh Tina wow for a quick card it's gorgeous. I love the stamp.
    I know what you meen about loading your caravan
    we had a caravan for a long time.Think loading it is more exciting as going on holiday
    Unloading is a downer unpacking it with all the washing too.
    Take care Tina will be in touch soon Big Hug for Phoenix xx
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda

      Glad you liked the card for Paul, it's one of my favourite stamps.

      I'm with you on loading the van as you have something to look forward to, the only pleasurable thing about unloading this time is we're going to load it for another trip, and I love cooking in the caravan, I think we eat better when we are away than at home.

      Talk soon Lynda

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say. I hope you are over that nasty cold bug .XX

      Delete
  6. Hiya lovely. That wasn't what you told me about the carpet burns !
    Paul's card is just so lovely, it's such a change for you to do CAS but wow how I love this plain but beautiful background built with frames to bring you into the stamped element, you're so clever. Can you believe our girls are heading towards their 4th anniversary - how the time flies by, all that sewing etc you did, absolutely stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh STEPH! I told you in confidence, and you said to use a certain cream as it works for you to ease the stinging. You did make me laugh!

    Glad you liked the card, it is very different for me, but really enjoyed stamping again it was fun. I might do some more.

    I know! where have those 4 yrs gone. Claire and Toby's 4th was in April. Send Lou & Craig my love & a really big squidge for Lottie XXX

    Hope you got all your jobs done Steph X

    Love & special Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete