Sunday 11 November 2018

My Little Man's 1st Birthday

Hi my friends

What a very moving Remembrance Sunday. The footage of the 1st world war was really emotional, and the stories of remaining soldiers of  the 2nd world war have so much to say about the loss of loved ones and their comrades was heart breaking, and the realities of our young men and ladies that have fought for our freedom in the more recent conflicts proudly on parade whether marching or assisted reduced me to tears many times today. I remember listening to Paul's dad's stories of world war 2, he trained fighter pilots and had many stories and we never failed to be enlightened by the ups and downs of the part he played. In 2014 When the poppies filled the moat of the Tower of London, unbeknown to me Craig managed to buy one and he gave it to me. It's one of my very loved gifts and it's stunning and a real treasure.

Also we need to Remember all the animals that perished supporting our war hero's in the line of duty, they were hero's too.


We Will Remember Them.



Wow what a full on weekend. I'll start with Sunday. I met my nephew who I haven't seen for a few years and has been battling throat cancer, that bloody awful disease that has claimed too many loved ones and lovely friends. His cancer returned earlier this year and he has had to go through the horrible treatment yet again.. Fingers crossed he has a test at the end of this month and if he gets the all clear again it will be tests every six months from then on. He came over with my niece Jayne. Jayne lived with us after we got married, mainly weekends but if she could stay during the week too she jumped at the chance, we called her our adopted daughter. They came over to see if we could all arrange a big family picnic in May next year. We're totally up for that as time is passing so fast and life has kept us all so busy and family obligation seem to settle on our own little family circle and we all tend to say "yes" we must get together but never do. So May next year is our family time to reunite.

It's so weird when Richard rang to see if he could come and see us,  Paul & I were only talking the night before about having a big get together next year in July for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. So after all these years we are going to have 2 big family get togethers and we can't wait.

Saturday was amazing. Phoenix's birthday party was held at his other Grandparents house. When the star of the show arrived at midday he was a bit over whelmed, he had been up since 4am. Of all the days not to sleep later. It was a Moana party, I hope you know who I mean. Ok I'll go and take a picture of the DVD that we watch on a loop and the picture will be below. Back now, do you know this one, I'm obsessed with the music it's fab.




Here are the pictures of the very happy birthday boy at his 1st birthday party and a very proud mummy.
We all had to wear flower garlands and Phoenix loved it.

 This makes me smile every time I look at it.






Phoenix Checking the cake out, and he loved it.






Claire 1st cake ever. There were 4 layers and each one various shades of blue for the sea. It was amazing and tasted really good too.



Phoenix's 1st encounter with an older lady on the left. She's 4



He seemed quite happy to oblige, bless em! I don't think he was going to get away anyway. OH! the innocents.



Evie Bear was also there to celebrate with Phoenix. Evie bear is on the right, Primrose is the middle bear and Joshua bear is on the left. Because of Evie bear other mummies have chosen to have their babies ashes put into bears and these are just two of the baby loss families that came to support Claire. the little blue bear on the left is the brother of the little girl kissing Phoenix and she told me all about him and I even had a cuddle with Joshua bear. She was an absolutely beautiful little girl with so much energy.

Well that's it folks, I hope you enjoyed the pictures.


Christmas card next.

Thank you all for looking in. Take care all and see you soon.XX

Love & Hugs

Tina XX





Sorry about the untidy desk, I'm trying to make Christmas cards, and trying to work and share my space with Mo Mo. She has reorganized my work several times today so I think I'm going to call it a day now. XX

5 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, wow what a great blog this morning, ye I totally agree about remembrance Sunday, this is always such a moving occasion and we all have so much to be thankful for, I too cried buckets of tears. I saw the service from the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday and had a good cry whilst singing along with the old songs and also listening to the stories. I can remember my Dad telling us some of the things that happened to him in the 2nd world war, the worst one was when he was serving on a hospital ship ferrying patients from the beaches of Anzio to Sicily, when an enemy plain bombed the ship, even though it was covered in Red Crosses, he saved quite a few American soldier's and was given a mention in dispatches medal, I still have the newspaper cutting from the stars and strips newspaper where he is mentioned, I treasure this.

    Now to Phoenix birthday, what a gorgeous little boy he is, love the picture with him and Claire and of him kissing his little 4 year old friend, memories to treasure. The cake looked delicious too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      My goodness your dad was very lucky to have survived the bombing of that ship and save soldiers as well. I think he should have received a medal as well as a mention in dispatches medal. What a lovely memory to hand down to the next generation.

      Thank you June I'm glad you enjoyed the bog today. I know I'm biased but he is gorgeous, I absolutely adore that little man. His little lady friend was so funny and kept everyone entertained all afternoon.

      Take care June

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Wow what a wonderful weekend you had. Will try to find time to tell you all that's being happening here, still a bit mad at the mo (not angry mad busy mad) lol. One thing I'm interested in is that do you donate bears, is it the kind of donation anyone can do - donate a bear or .... can you enlighten me please love.
    Whatsap you soon my lovely xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boss

      I'll look forward to hearing from you when things are back to a steady pace

      The teddies you see in the pictures are special teddies A H Rogers the undertakers have as they have a hidden pouch in the back. You can purchase the teddies from them they have several different sizes and textures since Evie Bear. The other way of donating a bear is through Aching Arms. They charge £10 a bear. She too is a baby loss mum that wanted to do something in memory of her rainbow baby. Leanne now distributes them to hospitals all over the country. Sadly the butterfly room that was renamed after we did the make over has had their cupboard re stocked several time and there were a lot of teddies donated in Evelyn's name. Anyone can donate a teddy, you can donate one in the name of a baby you know that was born sleeping or just donate £10 and they donate a bear to a new baby loss family from another under rainbow baby. We made a large donation after losing Evelyn and Leanne very kindly sent me one from Evelyn to hug when I'm low, it's a very loved and hugged little bear. I hope this makes sense Steph, if not let me know.

      Special Love & Hugs

      Me XX

      Delete
    2. Hi Steph

      I've added a few photo's of the bear from Evelyn.

      Delete