Thursday 20 June 2019

My Sanctuary

Hi My Friends

This is my new work room, don't get too excited It still has corners to be rounded on the work bench opposite mine. I have a new Venetian blind that will go up over the weekend if time allows as we are having our Fathers day get together this weekend.

Well, we had the lounge carpet fitted today and it looks FAB. I've waited 20 yrs for my lounge to look like a cosy carpeted place to spend time in. I was so tired of climbing over furniture in the hall trying to get to the front door waiting for the fitters to arrive today. The guys were so lovely, I offered them some bacon rolls as it was lunch time, they looked shocked but said that would be lovely, after the bacon rolls they ate a whole packet of chocolate digestives, butter short bread fingers and a boost bar each. They did a lovely job and offered to bring all my furniture back into the lounge, which they did. They asked with this kind of luncheon service are there any other jobs I need sorted, bless em! They left with more cans of coke and another packet of biscuits and said if you ever need another carpet fitted book a Thursday, cheeky buggars! I said we are having a new dining room carpet, bedroom and little, hall carpeted in August but have not chosen them yet.They just said remember Thursday's.!!

Well onto workroom pictures. This is more than a workroom for me, this really is my sanctuary when I am having a reflective day, it's definitely a place I can come and chill out with a glass of wine, watch telly and think of projects to do. Now that it is almost finished I'm really hoping that I can get back into crafting my style of cards again, just so long as they have not gone out of date as it seems more stamping these days.

Anyway here goes!!
Hope you like it as much as me.




Here is my main part of my work bench.

This is to my Left of my work bench.


T
This to my right of my work bench.


Sorry this is Mo Mo she really loves to get in on the action.



This is the right side opposite my main workspace without Mo Mo and to the left side of this bench is the door into the room housing all my odds & sods.

Odds & Sods door shelf.


These units are where I keep my stamps, glues, glitters, foamiran, ribbons and medicine draw. Plus so much more and the air con in the middle, sadly not used this year yet.



This is Squeak, another little member that shares my workroom, ( Bubble, his sister was too shy to be photographed), she''s hiding behind one of the 25 under unit box's placed around the room.



This is Half Pint on her own swivel chair that has to be right next to mine.


Finally, This is a very treasured gift given to me. It was made from a photo of my beautiful little Summer that passed 3 yrs ago. Hazel's daughter captured her colouring perfectly.


I would loved to have been able to have one of those fold away cupboard units but I would have needed several of them  but they would never have fitted into the eaves of this room. but I love what Paul has built for me and am very happy to while away the hours here in my little craft world. Thanks Paul X.


Sending you all Love & Hugs

Tina XX

12 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, oh how lovely this looks, whenever I see other crafters work space I recognize similar things that are in my room, I am having to de-clutter as I have so much, but yours looks amazing, what a treasure your Paul is to make this for you. Loved the pictures of your pets too, you will always have company when yu are being creative. Looking forward to seeing more of your samples and inspirations.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Thank you, he has done an incredible job, but I wish I could have decorated first. Ive got the blind to go up so that should brighten up the room some more and next year Paul is thinking of putting in another velux on the opposite eave so maybe I'll get to decorate then. I just want it all white as I
      couldn't face taking everything out again to put a new carpet down, besides the blue one is not that old.

      So no excuse not to get creative now.

      Sending Love & Hugs June

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina what a wonderful craft sanctuary for you. Paul has done a great job. It's lovely to see the animals with you. One of my cats loves the window sill in my craft room when the sun floods in. Not that we have had much sunshine as yet. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria

      I Know, where is our Summer and will we ever get one!? I'm glad you like my Craft room, I think I spend more hours in there than in the lounge especially when Paul is away with work. I love having the animals in my room but I was sticking a rose together when bubble jumped up for a tickle, when she'd had enough she walked away withe the bud of the rose stuck to her very fluffy foot. I didn't realise at first I just saw her flicking her foot trying to get it off. Precious aren't they.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. What a lovely room, great cards never go out of style, I was having a minor de-clutter of craft mags yesterday, needless to say I flicked them all first and guess what.... my style hasnt altered that much in the last 5 years, and I still fell back in love with some of ideas I saw, suffice to say not many mags made it to the charity shop pile. Keep doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea

      Glad you liked the room.

      I just love making flowers and would hate to have to change something that I really like doing so I think I'll just stick with it. People will soon let me know when enough is enough. I too put a pile of magazine out to be thrown but somehow they have ended up back in my workroom.

      I'll keep doing what I like if you are going to too.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Your new work room looks like a wonderful sanctury where you can craft to your delight. Paul did a great job on designing and fitting all the shelving to fit the areas and your containers. Everything looks so organized. Your pets will be delighted to spend time there with you as you create your gorgeous cards. So looking forward to more of your beautiful cards. I feel sure you will find peace there while you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      I'm really lucky to have Paul to do my workroom. He will admit he's not the best at carpentry but he has a go and I think he did a grand job and he spends time in my room too with a glass of whiskey, not crafting!

      In my room downstairs I used to know their hiding place and would be able to close the door at night, but now they have so many places to hide they are in there 24/7 now they love the room as much as I do. Bless em!

      Working on a 70th birthday card so this will be on the blog soon, I hoping for next week as the weekend is taken up with belated Fathers day celebrations.

      Sending you Love & Hugs SuzzieQ

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Tina
    I love the style of card you design. They are beautiful and wonderful peices of art. Please keep making them as I enjoy using them for inspirisation. I have missed them and you, but do understand. I hope the craft, inspritiation room are of a big help. Annamieke from down under

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annamieke from down under

      It's really lovely to hear from you. Thank you, That is a lovely comment to make about my cards and calling them pieces of art wow!

      This room has given me such a lovely feeling of wanting to craft, so when the festivities of the 14th July have passed I will be making cards on a regular basis I just have to be more disciplined. At the moment I'm foiling the serviettes and putting beads on to cocktail sticks. I know you can buy the but it's a lot more personal and I have so many beads.

      I'll be back soon Annamieke

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  6. Hi Tina love your workroom and what a great job Paul has done too.

    I too have a black cat her name is cinders and always with me will only go up the garden if i am with her.
    Look forward to seeing your cards soon my love to you all jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      Really glad you liked my room, Paul's a star.

      I would love it if my cats would walk in the garden with me. Other than Summer who was too old to run away my cats have become indoor only cats as I vowed I would not lose another cat to on the road. I took my sister's cat on on when she passed and I hit it off with NALA the moment we met but she only had one eye and was a total free spirit. She learned how to open my workroom window and let herself out and as quiet as out lane is she was hit by a car and I vowed I'd never let another one of my beautiful feline fluffballs end that way again, They are all very special.

      I'll put my cousins card on the blog later next week.

      Sending my love to you too Jeanie X

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete