Sunday 30 June 2019

My Cousin's Birthday Card

Hi My Friends

I hope you are all well and are enjoying your Sunday. Cloud & Sunshine for us today but still pretty hot in the sunshine. Air con working at full power in my workroom though.


I got called over Claire's a couple of times this week to sit with Phoenix while she went to interviews, such a hard job Right!! He is so unbelievably cuddly and he even closes his eyes when he gives me a kiss, Oh I love him to pieces. On Thursday Claire went to an interview  at a little village school in a place called Colden Common hoping to get a part time teaching position. She came home on cloud nine and couldn't stop telling me about it an hour later she got the call she really needed that she had got the job and the want her to work Monday & Tuesday which means it doesn't interfere with Phoenix's child minder and we have the rest of the week to spend together when she can fit me in. 

It took quite a long time to photograph this card today, being a darker room and not quite so much light I had to get little spot lights out just to get these pictures. I'm going to have to work on my lighting as this was such a faff!. and maybe a new camera too.

Plans are going relatively smoothly for the 14th Anniversary party, still waiting for a couple of RSVP's but on the whole it's heading in the right direction. It wouldn't be such a panic but it's Cheryl's party on Saturday 13th ( the cousin the card is for ) and our party on the Sunday, so it's one last mad dash to the Wholesaler for a few dessert then back home to make the rest of the desserts. Anyway it'll be alright on the night!!! (Day)!!



Here Goes!!

























That it Folks! Hope you like it. I really enjoyed making this card and I am hoping to use some if my new flower dies I bought months ago.

See you all soon, Take care all.

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

7 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, such a beautiful card, this is going to be so well received and treasured.

    You have a busy week ahead and also weekend to look forward too, enjoy, and can we see some pictures please.

    Fabulous news regarding Claire, I can just imagine how elated she was, keep us updated with how it goes.

    Have a great time my friend. xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      My first lady as always, thank you so much for that.

      At the moment I don't know if I'm on my arse or my elbow, I have so many last minute shopping lists I'm confused myself as to what I am actually doing for food. I've decided to do all the desserts as it will take a long time traveling to wholesalers to buy the desserts so I might as well make them. The main buffet is sorted more or less.

      I will try and take photo's or maybe put the photography over to Claire & Craig as they both took photography classes, Craig is also in charge of the music and he's doing a 70's list. Didn't we have the best music ever!!!!

      I will keep you updated about Claire, thank you June X

      Will be in touch again soon, Take care

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina GORGEOUS card and your beautiful flowers so lovely to see your cards again and in your new room too.
    Great news for Claire perfect for her .
    Have a lovely weekend love to you all jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanie

    Thank you so much. I have to say that I really enjoyed making my flowers again and to get a lovely comment too.

    Thank you on behalf of Claire, I think she is mildly excited. X

    You have a good week and sending love to you all too.X

    Love & Hugs Jeanie

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya busy friend. What can I say - a true Tina card with all its beauty, your floral elements are stunning they look so real you'd want to hold them gently in your hands and take in their delicious perfume, reminds me of the stunningly amazing gardens we visited just over a week ago when we went away for the week to celebrate our anniversary. You know how Sue's cards stand out and you know straight away who made it, well your amazing cards are the same, you just know who put every inche of love into the vision in front of us.
    You must be so proud of Claire. Back to the work she loved after being told it probably wasn't the right decision - well Claire you've shown your strength and determination and good luck love, the children couldn't ask for better, and with the upbringing you've been given, the children in your care will have the best manners and so much fun.
    Stay well Tina and can't wait to see your next make.
    Love you sweet friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, boss lady

      I didn't realise you went away to celebrate your anniversary. Very Happy Anniversary wishes sent with lots of love too XXXX. It's going to be a very belated card you'll receive but I will make you one.

      The main food is uner control it's just the desserts. I keep changing my mind. Do I make them, Do I go to the wholesalers and buy them my latest thing is to hire an Icecream van & man, just waiting for some quotes. I can only say what I said to my cousin that on the 15th I'm going to stay in bed, have Brandy & Babycham on drip and wear TENA ladies so that I don't have to get out of bed, what do you think?

      I am so proud of Claire. She didn't really want to go back to teaching but as she said it's something she know's, it's part time which still allows her to work on her yoga too. I'll pas your compliment on to Claire, thank you Steph.

      Love you loads too

      Tou know who XX

      Delete
    2. My dear friend you have more than enough to do without worrying about something extra to do. Apart from all the other 'sames' that bought us together our anniversary was just one of the weird things we share both celebrating 40yrs. So please don't put any more pressure on yourself - please 💖 xxx

      Delete