Sunday 16 June 2019

Paul's Card

Hi My Friends

Sat in my workroom yesterday trying to think of a Father's day card for Paul. My little grey brain cells had definitely gone to sleep I just couldn't think of anything to do. So I had a large glass of wine and hoped it would jolt my cells into work mode. I remembered a few months ago Sue Wilson making a card by cutting strips of card so I started with that thought, then I remembered I'd bought a stamp a few weeks ago of a woodland scene as it looks a bit like our driveway but we now have leaves. Our driveway is a lovely tunnel of a mingle of a linen tree and a mulberry tree. I got the inks out to colour the scene and then thought nah! I'll do monochrome. So I put everything away and got out black and white card and black ink, cop out I know but I knew Paul would like it just for the effort put into it.

I was going to put photo's of my new workroom on today too but we are using it to store tables, lamps and objects from the lounge as we are decorating and having a carpet fitted Thursday. We have finished  my old workroom and turned it into a little summer room to sit and look out over the front garden, that's what we built it for 20yrs ago but the room has had many uses in that time, so It's nice to put it back to what it was intended for. We are going to look like 2 silly old f--ts sat sitting having our mug of tea and dunking a custard cream, so we thought we might invest in another toy box for Phoenix's toy's too so we won't look so indulgent.

Photo's of workroom to follow on Friday when the the lounge is straight and everything is out of my sanctuary.


Here Goes!













Not a difficult card but enjoyed making it.

Take Care and see you at the end of the week.

As Always Love & Hugs

Tina XX

.

11 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, I like this card you made for Paul, perfect, I bet he loved it too.

    Good luck with the carpet fitting, I am sure it will look perfect too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Lovely to see you here again your support is so much appreciated June.X

      He did love the card, then he looks at all the construction of the card and asks questions.

      Looking forward to Thursday, It's only taken 20 yrs for Paul to agree to having a carpet as I'm not a lover of wooden floors and he is. I'm sure he will be pleased though.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina lovely to see you again and love the card always difficult to do mens cards .
    hope you and family well you sound very busy.

    love jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      Lovely to see you again too. Glad you like the card, I hate doing guy cards. I've started a 70th birthday card when Paul said you have so many in your workroom why don't you give your cousin one of those. Still in two minds as I have started it already and it's a new one for my blog. If I use an older one I'll put it on the blog anyway.

      We are getting there Jeanie, I hope you and your family are well too.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Dramatic! Wonderful and different. So pleased to hear from you again and to see another card creation from you. Looking forward to more of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Wow what a lovely comment about my card, and I'm so pleased to see you here again too.

      I'm working on a female card at the moment. I'm making roses now I just have to caome up with a design.

      See you soon, Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Hello Tina
    Love Paul's card I'm sure he loved it. Your new craft room looking forward to seeing pictures of it.
    Good luck with the carpet fitting on Thursday.Tina Hope you have been feeling well & your family are all well too.
    Love & Hugs Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda

    Lovely to hear from you again. Paul really did love his card, thank you.

    Pictures will be on my blog on Friday after lounge lamps and side tables are back downstairs and we are all straight again.

    We are doing ok Lynda sill down day's but on the whole we will be ok, I just wish I could have one day without pain in my knees It's constant at the moment but if that's all I have to complain about I'm doing really well. How are you Lynda? are you feeling better on your proper medication?

    Take Care, Talk soon

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG thats amazing Tina. Talking of 'old f**ts' have you seen the collection of Hampton Arts, art impression stamps ? Hilarious and many tell a tale, they must be such conversation openers of years gone by lol especially the girlfriend stamps, you'll see what I mean. Just catching up as we've just got back from a wonderful week on the farm cottage/old school house/old chapel and I really didn't want to come back to the noise and concrete after the fields birds and relaxation of I had one wish it would be to live in the country miles from any neighbours lol think I'm getting miserable in my old age lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Steph

    I went to have a look at the Hampton arts stamps. I laughed at the retired couple with the caravan and the dog. That's the Eldridge's to a T,although I don't wear socks with my sandals.

    I know how much you love going to your little hideaway and how much you hate going home. It's horrible returning home after a lovely holiday and straight back into the old routine.I'm sure you've already booked your escape for later in the year though.

    Sending you Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete