Thursday 1 August 2019

Party Photo's Later

Hi My Friends

I'm so sorry the blog pictures will be late but I have been poorly. With all the work of moving me and my workroom upstairs and changing my old room to a little sitting room which is now Phoenix's playroom and getting all the furniture out of the lounge for a new carpet, plus the garden and the menu for the party. Over the weeks since April trying to get everything sorted I noticed I had a pain in my neck that was getting progressively worse.We decorated the little sitting room, and when the carpet was laid in there we then had to get the furniture out of the lounge to have the carpet laid in that room. I was still trying to get things sorted for the party while Paul worked away a couple of days a week. The day I went to the wholesalers to get some last minute food that could go in the freezers. A lovely man came over to me and asked if he could help me with loading the car as I was in tears. On the way home I was panicking about making some desserts and buying frozen ones on the Saturday and thinking how the hell am I going to manage all this for all these people as I had run out of space in the fridge too. When I got home I realised that my head was hanging down even more and I needed my hand to hold it up. We went to my cousins 70th birthday on the Saturday the day before our party and I was in a lot of pain and could only rest my head on my hands on the table. I couldn't wait to get to bed that night and rest my head and neck. The next day I woke in pain and my head was literally on my chest and took both hands to hold my head up. Paul said that he was going to cancel the celebration and in tears I said NO not after all this work I'm not going to miss a minute, so I dosed myself up and my sister was a great help and laid all the food out and it looked wonderful. Bunting was up and balloons at the bottom of the drive, but the garden was not looking it's best as we ran out of time, but it looked ok ish. The family all arrived about 2pm and had their main food and an hour later They heard a little jingle and I said Desserts are being served on the front lawn, and they were all surprised to see an ice cream van parked ready to serve them as much ice cream and iced lollies they could manage. After that painful day at the wholesalers I knew I had to do something else about the desserts, so came home and googled ice cream vans for hire and it so happened Fat Sam's had one available on the afternoon of the 14th July. Everyone thought it was a brilliant idea and said that they enjoyed it very much and said it was lovely memory of our special day. I checked with a good friend and my sister before I ordered the van, but they thought it was a good idea and something different. Paul wasn't sure but went along with it and wished he'd thought of it first.

 I had a few people ask me if I was ok and I just said I'd hurt my neck but I'm ok.  By 11.30 I couldn't stand the pain anymore and  I could not hold my head up at all, luckily the stragglers went home about 11pm and I just sobbed. Paul put me to bed topped up the pain killers and I slept. The next day my sister knocked the door and said she had contacted a physio but she said that wouldn't even entertain seeing me and I needed to get to her doctors asap as it could be neurological. I rang the doctors and I my sister took me straight away. One doctor did tests but had never seen anyone having to hold their head up with both hands and asked for a second opinion. The next doctor came into the room straight away and took me for more tests that were very painful they both apologized and had a little chat and said their first thought was that I had had a stroke. That was the most scarey thing to hear, but after more tests and so many questions about everything I had been doing in the past weeks and months they both said they seamed to agree that it was my Trapezius muscle that had just given up due to the stress after all the lifting of my work room equipment and moving furniture and all the stress of the celebrations they said something had to give. Thinking back carrying all the card and machines up stairs and I have crumbling knees I now remember going to bed with such pain in my neck and could hardly walk the next day, but you think after a good nights sleep you can cope with another heavy lifting day, but I guess I can't anymore.They sent me home with Diazapan x1, Ibuprofen x2, Paracetamol x2, and strong prescribed codeine x2, all at once four times a day. Needless to say I don't remember much of the following week. I'm still not right, I can bend down but my head still tends to droop and I can't lift my head to see where I am placing things so I think a Physio is needed asap as we are driving up north soon to see our friend then going across country for crafting time in the Lakes and I do all he driving. Paul can drive but my neck would be worse as a tense passenger.

Sorry no photo's yet of the party but  just wanted you to know I'm still around and I am trying to get some photo's off other members of the family. I know Craig took a few but there was so much going on with games on the lawn, ice cream van and the families just taking time out to chat I just didn't think of photo's.

I will post pictures and also the Thank you cards I'm trying to finish for all our wonderful pressies, hopefully by the weekend, keeping my neck bent is quite painful so please bear with me.

Sending love & Hugs

Tina XX






4 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, Oh my word, what have you done to yourself, you poor thing I wish I could help. You are going to have to listen to your body and do what the doctors and physio says, everything else can wait for another day. Thank goodness you had Paul and your sister and everyone to help you. It all went extremely well on the day, and what a brilliant idea about the ice cream van, would never have thought of that. Now please be careful, young phoenix wants to play with you and you can't do that if your poorly so get better soon my friend.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      I promise I will take more care, at the moment I still can't do too much as my head drops again but I can hold it up without hands so that's good but I can't lift Phoenix as my arms are a bit weak too.

      The ice cream van will be my go to dessert for any party we have in the DISTANT future.

      Thank you for always being here and for your well wishes.

      Sending Love & Hugs June

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina,

    Neck pain is the worst, my 'traps' are in spasm a lot of the time so to actually injure them- you have my sympathy. Hope you got a good physio who will help you through recovery and advise you on strengthening and long term management. The traps are involved with so many other muscles and actions you must take care and rest when your told, move/ exercise when advised.

    I have been keeping watch, just between a dire lack of spoons, no good news to share, the strain of going up and down to London since last August getting nowhere fast plus navingating the DWP gauntlet is been a lot of everything and nothing. I've had two or three little play sessions over the last year but that's it. Billy still a diamond, he was 10 a fortnight ago. He's still fairly manic but for only short bursts, its questionable who sleeps more, me or him ��

    Big hugs to all, Tina, you take care and get better so you can play in your new craft room!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi T

    I'm so so sorry that I have been a really bad friend to you and have neglected to keep in contact with you, I have no excuse I'm just a plonker!

    I Have never experience such pain that any position you try for relief just didn't work other than laying down. I was bought a neck brace on line but my doctor said do not wear it send it back when it arrives. I'm hoping to see a physio next week if she can get me booked in. Really sorry to hear that your traps go into spasms so much, I don't know how you've coped for so long, do you take anything special for it as normal strength Ibuprofen & Paracetamol doesn't touch it at all.

    I can't believe Billy is 10yrs already my goodness but it's good to hear that he is still very lively. Craig rescued a dog from Romania. He has a gorgeous temperament but he's finding it hard to potty train him. I'll see if Ii have a photo of him and send it to you, he a cross between a dachshund & a Corgi with a fluffy curled piggy tail.

    It sounds like you have had a nightmare of a year T. I'm surprised you found the energy to do any crafting at all.

    Sending you much Love & hugs to you and Billy

    From Me & Half Pint XX

    ReplyDelete