Sunday 5 April 2020

How Are You All

Hi my Friends

Now as I am writing this message I really don't know what to say. The news is so frightening as the number passing away due to Covid19 had doubled here in the south. Like all of you I'm worried about my Children and my grandson who I miss so much. I talk to Claire and Craig everyday and Phoenix talks to me in his very special way. He'll say "Grandma" and then he goes off on a babble that he thinks I know and understand, Maybe the odd word in between but it's just lovely to hear his voice.

Claire has been poorly with an ear infection and a really bad cold and Phoenix has had a cold & a really chesty cough. Craig, fingers crossed has been feeling fine while isolating at home.

One of the main reasons I wrote this blog today is to thank Steph Cotterill. She has been an absolute God send to me over the past week or more. I contracted the Covid19 virus after a visit to the hospital or the wholesaler in Salisbury. My appointment at the hospital was the same day as the 1st person to die in Salisbury hospital. While I was having my pre doctor checks the nurse said then that we'll all get this virus but just in different degrees, which made me just want to run for the hills. Although they were wiping the self check in monitor and door handles I did notice that it was with the same wipe. People were coughing all around us but at that time we didn't know as much as we do now. I began to feel unwell a couple of day later, it just started with a silly cough which I didn't think anything about as I always start my colds with a cough. By the Monday I said to Paul would you ring the doctor as I think I have a chest infection. I've never had a chest infection before but the feeling in my chest was worrying me and Paul. I had a feeling way down in my chest of something that I couldn't move no matter how much I coughed. I was wheezing so much at night Half Pint woke me as it was so loud, I don't know if she was worried or just trying to tell me I was too loud and keeping her awake. My kidney's hurt my whole body hurt and my head was particularly painful. The doctor heard me coughing and asked Paul to put the phone on speaker so that he could ask me some questions. He asked a whole list of questions, I answered more yes than no and said that I had no sense of taste or smell. He then asked Paul how he was feeling so Paul said his symptoms and the Dr then said I'm sorry but both of you are showing signs of Covid19 and you now have to isolate yourselves and if I got worse to ring for an ambulance. I also had slapped cheek

Steph kept in contact with me everyday. That's the second time Steph has been there for me at a time I needed a shoulder and I just want to say the biggest "THANK YOU" so much Steph .

Luckily Paul & myself are out the other side of awful virus and just have a cough, but we are still not going out as we are still feeling really tired all the time, so I have definitely slept a lot. Even though the doctor said we had the virus, we were not tested and I'm scared if Paul goes out he will bring something else back. His company thankfully are not letting him go back to work as they said with that cough no one will let you into their premises.

So again for always being there for me a heartfelt thank you.

Thank You again dear Steph XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, oh my friend I do feel for you and Paul and everyone, I am so very, very pleased that you have both come through the recovery period from this awful virus, there are big special hugs winging their way to you. I cannot even begin to think what you went through and how frightened you both must have felt.

    Steph is such a lovely person and I would like to thank her also for all the support and friendship she has shown, not only to you but to so many others, what a wonderful friend she is. Thank you Steph. xx

    Tina, you must remember from when your children were small, the baby language, it is unique and only mothers and Grandma's can talk it, ha ha I so remember when my children and grandchildren used to gabble away to us or to their toys in a language all there own....memories so sweet. It is wonderful with technology today that although we cannot touch we can see and talk to our loved ones. My 18 year old granddaughter and her mother popped round yesterday with some food supplies, it was wonderful to see them and chat for a while albeit out of the window and a great distance away, and how I longed to give them a cuddle but alas, it was not to be....just you wait until this virus is over, I will be squeezing them so much...

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Thank you so much, your hugs have just arrived and they are very much appreciated. I must admit a couple of nights I was really scared as I could clear my chest to get breath, but thank God that has now passed and we are well on the road to full recovery. I must be feeling good as I baked bread all day yesterday and have stocked the freezer up.

      Nothing quite like the babble conversations. You can interpret them anyway you want and they are just so happy you're taking part lol.

      I'm sure Steph will be surprised when she looks in the blog this time but I really wanted her to know how special she is. Thank you June

      Take care & Stay safe
      Lots of love & hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Dear Tina,so sorry that you have been suffering with this terrible virus, but so pleased that you have both recovered, such frightening times. I know what you mean about missing the cuddles , we usually have our grandchildren three days a week and I so miss their cuddles and hearing about their day at school. My daughter-in-law is a nurse and I'm so worried for her, so brave . Please take care and keep safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy

      Thank you. We are feeling so much better now, just the cough left now.

      I can just imagine all the massive hug fests that are going to happen when this awful & scary virus has vanished for good.

      Your daughter in law will be in our thoughts. I don't have the words to compliment our NHS nurses & Doctors enough, their dedication is immeasurable. God willing she will remain safe & healthy. It's no good me saying try not to worry because I know you will. Claire has to go back to school to look after key workers children so I will be biting my nails too.

      Thank you again Wendy
      Stay safe yourself
      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
    2. Thank you, my son is also a teacher so he has to go into school but on a rota so not quite as often as my daughter in law, and my other son is in the retail trade so he too is in work four at five days a week, so very worrying times for everybody. Xx

      Delete
    3. I'm here any time you need to talk Wendy. I think we all need to share our worries at a time like this.

      Love
      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Sending love to you both, hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea

    Thank you so much Andrea, and thank goodness we are on the mend.

    Take care & stay safe
    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete