Friday 12 February 2021

Paul's Birthday Card

 Hi My friends


Is it me or is it more difficult year after year to make a man card.

I decided to pick three colours of card, one die cut sentiment and just one stamp for the sentiment inside. I also wrote my own verse inside too, which made him smile.

June I hope you are staying safe as you have been in the area with all this snow. We have only had a couple of coverings that soon melted away, not even enough to have taken some photo's. I have to say that it's one of my favourite of natures experiences and would have loved to have played with Phoenix in the snow as this is his first time of understanding about snow. How many other things we are missing with Phoenix doesn't bear thinking about. I said to Claire today on Alexa that by the time I get to have a cuddle with Phoenix he will be bending down to hug me. Claire bought us the Alexa box for Christmas, and I have to say it has been amazing.

Today when Claire called on the Alexa, Phoenix was really very lively and was very entertaining. He decided to sit at the little piano with a microphone that Craig had bought him for Christmas and he was banging away on the piano and singing Happy Birthday to his Grandad. What a superstar, move over Elton John! We were in stitches. It was so out of tune you'd have thought Les Dawson was playing.

I hope you are all keeping well and slowly getting your vaccinations. I had a scam invite on Tuesday which looked so authentic I had to ask Craig, but it was a scam he'd also had one the previous week. Please be careful of the lowlife scammers that are still trying to make our lives painful in the most difficult times we are all trying to get through.

Craig had his first jab today as he is an ambassador for Mind, and will have a lot more work to do with them along side his normal job. I just wish they would prioritise teachers if they are going to send the children back to school, although poor Claire has been working all through this pandemic. It's very worrying.


Here Goes!

 


 


 


 


 

Hope you all keep yourselves safe & warm

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

 

 

 

 


5 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, yes it has been a very difficult year for everyone, but I still get annoyed when I read of people who are having all these parties, raves and get togethers, then they moan about the cost of fines, how many of them I ask myself can even afford to pay them, especially if they are on benefit. Anyway enough of the doom and gloom.

    Yes we have had a fair bit of snow, can't get out anyway but it is pretty, our grandson who is 18 made his younger sister a snowman, he is a big kid really, but loves doing things like this so he was so happy to play with her. I love to see how pretty the snow is but I know it is so dangerous. So pleased you got a chance via Alexa, to enjoy Phoenix with it, these memories are always there.

    Such a stunning card, I love it, elegant and stylish are the 2 words that immediately spring to mind, I am sure he loved it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Sorry I didn't reply until now. I have been trying to make Claire's card for Tuesday, and my sister's for Thursday. My next card will be for Evelyn who would have been 5 on the 3rd March. I still like to something for Claire to let her know she's still in our thoughts.

      I think that all the people that don't believe in the covid, or people that blatantly break the rules should be handed a form to sign that they will not receive treatment should they go down with covid. Harsh I know, but serious action has to be taken then they might listen.

      Thank you for your lovely comment about Paul's card.

      Stay Safe June
      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina Sorry had problems with message this morning.

    Hi Tina a gorgeous card all the birthdays coming together like mine the twins where 50 years old in Jan and could not see them or have a hug will be so glad when we can see them again .hoppefully not to far away.lovely to hear what Phoenix has been doing growing up so fast i love them at this age best time.

    I have not made any cards for a while will have to try and get back into it .
    Thank you for showing your beautiful cards take care love to the family xxx jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanie

    It's one after the other and each one given without a hug.I think we are all in Hug withdrawal mode at the moment. fingers crossed, like you I'm hoping that it won't be too far away.

    The Alexa that Claire bought us for Christmas has become a lifeline, and Phoenix has got Claire to call me as he wants to talk to Grandma which melts my heart, bless him.

    Sending lots of Love & Hugs to you and your family too Jeanie

    Stay Safe
    Tina XX




    ReplyDelete