Saturday 19 February 2022

My Daughter's 40th Birthday Card ❤

 Hi My Friends

 

I hope that you all have all managed to stay safe through the storm Eunice. The storm is meant to come back tonight with a vengeance. We have had some damage. Our beautiful Linen ( Handkerchief ) tree is leaning over our lawn, we have 2 pine trees hanging over my car, I went out to try and move the car but it was flat as I haven't been able to drive for months. A heavy wooden chair was lifted over to the pond and the weighted netting on the pond was blown away and my new bird feeder is a battered ground feeder now.. The garden furniture in the back garden was trying to escape across the path in front of the kitchen, and Paul's green house is destroyed. So I think we have got off lightly, but it's meant to be back again tonight, What can you do when mother nature decides to fight back, just gird your loins and fingers crossed.

Well this is my second to last card for February. I thoroughly enjoyed making this one for Claire as I could just make a really girly card. Then during the week I heard that my son's girlfriend had gone down with Covid and that she was really poorly, bless her. The last time I spoke to her we agreed that she was too poorly to make Claire's. With ideas from Dawn I decided that a chocolate cake was the way to go. 1st I made the sponge cake with Bourneville chocolate. The filling is morello cherry and chocolate cheese frosting. I've covered the cake with the frosting and piped 12 swirl's on the top, then dark chocolate will be sprinkled on top of the cake and then each swirl will have a ferrero rocher on top. I just hope it doesn't look too homemade, Time will tell. I have a Fabulous at 40 cake topper and pink sparklers to go on the cake too. I have also bought Claire a crown & sach to wear at the restaurant. She doesn't know that yet!  We're having a surprise lunch for Claire.

I felt so sorry for my sister today 18th Feb as it is her birthday today. I did make her a chocolate cup cake with a candle a card and a glass of wine and said we'd celebrate her birthday on Sunday with a prawn curry & extra's as I have been so occupied with Claire's 40th, not good I know but she had to work over night of her birthday anyway.

I have to say that I'm pleased my Feb birthday's are almost over and I know that a lot of you are still making quite a few more cards for this month, keep going you'll get there 😊. I'm on bed rest as from Monday! 👍

Take care everyone!

Here Goes!

 


 

 
















 



Well that it folks for this time. I hope you like the card as much as I loved making it. See you soon.

Take Care & Stay Safe

Love And Hugs

Tina XX


11 comments:

  1. Oh my word Tina your card is as always simply stunning, your roses are are... well... just breathtakingly beautiful if I didn't know any different I'd think you placed real roses on Claire's card I can almost smell the decadent perfume. Although the storm is still raging through and the rain is the noisiest rain I've ever had up against the window, no you know what (I'm not tempting providence) I'm sorry you seem to have been targeted love.
    I'm sure Claire will adore the card and the cake won't last past her birthday lol it sounds scrumptious I must say, talking about flowers, thank you thank you thank you from us both you've been there from the very start, it's a beautiful basket Tina. Just a thought love, warmth is really good for joint pain, as a temporary measure have you tried Cura-Heat knee patches) it comes with wrap type thing that you secure round your knee, and it has 2 pouches and 2 self heating little pads that you slip into the pouch each side of your knee cap, it stays warm all day and the gentle heat Although it's not a total pain relief therapy it really helps soothe your knee as I don't know about you but although nothing will give absolute relief other than ..... the cold gets into my joints and really aggrevates the pain, I normally use wheat packs in the microwave but once the pads start to warm up they stay warm to help you relax and just helps keep the nasty biting cold from nipping into your knee joint what's left of it. Stay well, love to Paul and ill be in touch sweetheart xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I heard you on the phone I can't say in words how I felt. At first I felt a heavy pain in my tummy, but when you told me that most amazing news I was so Happy, relieved and so wanted to run up to Lancashire to give you & Andy the most biggest happy hugs ever. Stay Strong Steph with a happy heart now, I'll be in touch.

      I didn't know about the cuua heat pad with pockets so I googled them and have 5 days on their way to give then a go, any relief is good relief, Thank you boss. Talk soon XXXX

      Massive hugs as always
      ME X

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina

    I think you checked the girly box well and truly, it's beautiful, bet Claire was overjoyed with it. Cake sounds delicious, I'm sure it'll be a big hit with everyone. Have a great time with your sister for the birthday and I hope Craig's girlfriend gets over COVID ok too. We had some big winds here from Eunice, luckily because of how our road faces we all got away fairly well, there were a lot of trees down around Suffolk but it seems my neighborhood did ok. We have another weather warning for Monday/ Tuesday and it's pretty blowy now (Sunday 4:25pm). We stocked up the bird feeders so they could feed up ready.

    I'm fully aware that the music I like is not mainstream so I don't expect anyone to know what I'm harping on about now. The gig I went to last week was Wilko Johnson and his band supported by John Otway. John Otway was brilliant, had everyone in stitches and Wilko and his band were brilliant, Wilko and his bassist are both into their 70's and puts us youngsters to shame! Got home and once Mister went to bed I got my guitar out as I was in musical sensory overload lol absolute worth the 2 year, 2 month wait.

    Been a bit quieter this week, yesterday I saw my best friend, her Mister and their dog Rosie. Poor Rosie got ever so confused as her doggy friend Billy is gone. She got over that by showering me with constant affection. It felt nice to have some doggy time and to see my BF who has been doing the rounds around the country catching up with friends this week as it was her half term (she's a high school teacher). Today I gave Mister a 'haircut' (scalped him with clippers) as it's so grim outside we had to get our entertainment somehow. Must go now as I'm in charge of the dumplings in tonight beef stew.

    Hope everyone is safe and well, suggest you all stay indoors out of the wind and rain and make stuff!

    Little cuddles and big love to Half Pint, big hugs to everyone

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi T

    I googled both Wilko Johnson & John Otway. Both Paul & I thought they were amazing but,I couldn't do a whole evening with them. I'm so pleased you had a really good night out. Paul has put me off of any music at the moment as he enjoys Jazz, the kind that hit the wrong notes and calls it music 😠😠. Anyway I'm more of a country girl, dirty dancing kind of music and a bit of classical too,( yes I've hit old fart scale of music, sorry ). Anyway, again really pleased you had a great night out.

    It's so sad to hear that Rosie missed her best friend Billy, that really pulled at my heart. Bless her & him ❤

    I used to cut Paul's hair, and he got so vain and kept saying could just sort this bit out, can you just tidy this bit that one time I snipped a bit too much, so he never asked me again.

    Cuddles passed on and enjoyed.

    Take care Trace
    Love & Big Hugs
    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my dearest friend, my rock, I'm thinking of you today. We both know how much our hearts can break in a second and my heart wishes it could take your heartbreak to give you some rest from this awful pain. Love you 💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph, love you too. I can't believe Evelyn would have been 6 today 💖💖

      Delete
  5. Morning Tina, so sorry I didn't comment on the day, I have been so busy - the card is absolutely stunning, how gorgeous is that. Hope you are keeping well, we are all fine here.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June

      Than you June, It's just lovely to hear from you whenever you can. Glad to hear that you are being kept busy & are feeling well too.

      Take Care
      Love & Big Hugs
      Tina XX

      Delete
  6. Hi Tina such a stunning card and your Beautiful flowers too .
    Hope you soon have a date for your op bug hugs love jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie

      Thank you, I'm glad you liked Claire's card, I think she liked it too.

      My date for the op is 26th May, I'm still hopeful for a cancellation as it's getting very painful as soon as I get out of bed. Hey Ho! There is a lot worse going on out there so I'm happy to wait my turn.

      Love & Big Hugs to you too

      Tina XX

      Delete